Delivery times?

Serge9

I've ordered my PC on 7th Jan and it's still in 'Pre-Production'...

When I placed the order, it said to expect delivery within 10-12 working days. That would've been 24th Jan at the latest.

As of today, PCS estimate the average dispatch time to be around 16 days with 93% of the orders to be dispatched within 28 days. 28 days will complete at the end of this week, however I doubt that they will build, test & dispatch, all in 3 days.

I called in an spoke with someone on 27th Jan who advised the parts had been picked on that day and the PC will go into 'building' the next day, on the 28th Jan. I called again yesterday as the status was still 'Pre-Production' and was advised not to worry as 'the parts aren't going anywhere'. Well, I wish they did... Come assembled into a case to my house.

The production time is 18 working days as of today...

PCS Terms & Conditions 5.2 state: "Your order will be fulfilled as soon as possible after your Order Confirmation and in any event within 30 days of the date of the Order Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances."

The 30th day will be this Sunday, on the 6th Feb. It's safe to say that at this point I'm disappointed and not hopeful at all that the PC will arrive this week. I am however curious to know what these 'exceptional circumstances' are and understand how they are out of PCS's control if this is the case.

Also, if the PC does not arrive this week, I think it's safe to assume that the "% of Orders Dispatched Within..." estimates are wrong and misleading.

Has anyone else had any similar issues with delivery times recently?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've ordered my PC on 7th Jan and it's still in 'Pre-Production'...

When I placed the order, it said to expect delivery within 10-12 working days. That would've been 24th Jan at the latest.

As of today, PCS estimate the average dispatch time to be around 16 days with 93% of the orders to be dispatched within 28 days. 28 days will complete at the end of this week, however I doubt that they will build, test & dispatch, all in 3 days.

I called in an spoke with someone on 27th Jan who advised the parts had been picked on that day and the PC will go into 'building' the next day, on the 28th Jan. I called again yesterday as the status was still 'Pre-Production' and was advised not to worry as 'the parts aren't going anywhere'. Well, I wish they did... Come assembled into a case to my house.

The production time is 18 working days as of today...

PCS Terms & Conditions 5.2 state: "Your order will be fulfilled as soon as possible after your Order Confirmation and in any event within 30 days of the date of the Order Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances."

The 30th day will be this Sunday, on the 6th Feb. It's safe to say that at this point I'm disappointed and not hopeful at all that the PC will arrive this week. I am however curious to know what these 'exceptional circumstances' are and understand how they are out of PCS's control if this is the case.

Also, if the PC does not arrive this week, I think it's safe to assume that the "% of Orders Dispatched Within..." estimates are wrong and misleading.

Has anyone else had any similar issues with delivery times recently?
Times over the last 2 years have been anything but normal, the global pandemic, global manufacturing issues, silicon shortages, and supply chain problems globally. So these are very implicitly to be considered "exceptional circumstances".

That being said, the process when it goes into build is extremely fast, it only takes a few hours to build and then it goes into testing for about 12 hours, then it's shipped. So often it will be shipped the day after it's built.

Also, working days are Monday - Friday not including bank holidays. It's a legal term that applies to all businesses weather they work weekends or not.

Serge9

Times over the last 2 years have been anything but normal, the global pandemic, global manufacturing issues, silicon shortages, and supply chain problems globally. So these are very implicitly to be considered "exceptional circumstances".

That being said, the process when it goes into build is extremely fast, it only takes a few hours to build and then it goes into testing for about 12 hours, then it's shipped. So often it will be shipped the day after it's built.

Also, working days are Monday - Friday not including bank holidays. It's a legal term that applies to all businesses weather they work weekends or not.
I fully understand the shortages and what came with covid and all but why say 'x days' to dispatch if you can't actually do that? Just set the expectations and say 'it can take up to 6 months' and then I'll stop refreshing the page hoping that it will actually be delivered within the given time.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I fully understand the shortages and what came with covid and all but why say 'x days' to dispatch if you can't actually do that? Just set the expectations and say 'it can take up to 6 months' and then I'll stop refreshing the page hoping that it will actually be delivered within the given time.
It's not an exact science I'm afraid, there's no way to predict when something will be built, as it clearly states, they're all estimates. We still annoyingly can't see into the future as human beings.

It's not a simple case of a queue that's processed one after the other, you have many different variables, people change their specs very often after ordering which can move them within the queue as an example.

You just have to be patient and realise your part of the most demanding period in consumer computing equipment in the history of humanity, quite literally. That's without considering all the problems going on.

Serge9

It's not an exact science I'm afraid, there's no way to predict when something will be built, as it clearly states, they're all estimates. We still annoyingly can't see into the future as human beings.

It's not a simple case of a queue that's processed one after the other, you have many different variables, people change their specs very often after ordering which can move them within the queue as an example.

You just have to be patient and realise your part of the most demanding period in consumer computing equipment in the history of humanity, quite literally. That's without considering all the problems going on.
You are right, it is sometimes annoying that we can't see into the future.

I guess I have no option at this stage but to be patient. I would've still liked the 'average' dispatch time to be accurate, especially considering that it's updated constantly, instead of picking a number out of thin air and then pointing the finger to external factors for the longer than expected delivery times.

I guess I just wanted to vent, I realise that they will dispatch it as soon as they can and it's not someone sitting there on purpose not wanting to dispatch it. I'll come with an update once I receive it. Thanks for your replies. :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You are right, it is sometimes annoying that we can't see into the future.

I guess I have no option at this stage but to be patient. I would've still liked the 'average' dispatch time to be accurate, especially considering that it's updated constantly, instead of picking a number out of thin air and then pointing the finger to external factors for the longer than expected delivery times.

I guess I just wanted to vent, I realise that they will dispatch it as soon as they can and it's not someone sitting there on purpose not wanting to dispatch it. I'll come with an update once I receive it. Thanks for your replies. :)
Just remember that you're currently only on 17 working days, so you're nowhere near the 30 day mark and I very much doubt it will get to that anyway.

Serge9

Just remember that you're currently only on 17 working days, so you're nowhere near the 30 day mark and I very much doubt it will get to that anyway.
I'm on 18 working days today, that's 25 calendar days, so not that far off the mark. But again, I will wait and hope that it won't be long now.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm on 18 working days today, that's 25 calendar days, so not that far off the mark. But again, I will wait and hope that it won't be long now.
You don't count the day of order as it's not through processing then.

Calendar days isn't a metric, it's all working days. So 30 working days is about 1 1/2 months.

Serge9

You don't count the day of order as it's not through processing then.

Calendar days isn't a metric, it's all working days. So 30 working days is about 1 1/2 months.
It's in the Terms & Conditions that the order will be dispatched within 30 days from the date of the Order Confirmation (which was sent on the 7th Jan).

If it's all working days it should be mentioned as such in all places, not just the Status. Seeing that there is different wording in the Status and the Terms & Conditions, and there is no mention of 'working days' there, 30 days is one calendar month.

30 days & 30 working days are two very different things and it's either misleading on purpose or a mistake which should be corrected, if they meant 'working days'.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If it's all working days it should be mentioned as such in all places, not just the Status. Seeing that there is different wording in the Status and the Terms & Conditions, and there is no mention of 'working days' there, 30 days is one calendar month.
Any business is working days, it's just common understanding unless they state otherwise.

Working days is the standard legal term that business go by, that's any business, unless they state otherwise. And it means Monday - Friday excluding bank holidays for any business, no matter what hours they work. It's a standard business term.

That's the thing, I think you're getting yourself worked up over misunderstanding how business operate within legal bounds.

Serge9

That's the thing, I think you're getting yourself worked up over misunderstanding how business operate within legal bounds.

I may be. What's the point of using 'working days' in the Status of the order and using 'days' everywhere else if everything related to 'days' is actually working days? That's where the misunderstanding comes from for me.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I may be. What's the point of using 'working days' in the Status of the order and using 'days' everywhere else if everything related to 'days' is actually working days? That's where the misunderstanding comes from for me.
It's because it's common knowledge that any business referring to "days" unless they specifically state calendar days are referring to business days.

A business wouldn't say otherwise as it's common knowledge unless they obviously were meaning calendar days.

Any business stating just "days" means business days.

Serge9

It's because it's common knowledge that any business referring to "days" unless they specifically state calendar days are referring to business days.

A business wouldn't say otherwise as it's common knowledge unless they obviously were meaning calendar days.
If I see 'days' and 'working days' I will automatically think that 'days' means actual calendar days, otherwise there would be no need to mention 'working days', as they would also be called 'days' if it was all and the same.

I get your point however. I'm past the average of 16 working days now anyway and hope to have some updates soon. Thanks for taking the time to explain everything to me.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If I see 'days' and 'working days' I will automatically think that 'days' means actual calendar days, otherwise there would be no need to mention 'working days', as they would also be called 'days' if it was all and the same.
That's where you're going wrong, that's not how it works in any business I'm afraid. Calendar days doesn't exist in business terms.

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster

I must be pretty unlucky then as my PC spent 2 days "in building" then moved to "in testing" on the morning of the 28th and hasn't moved since. :cry:

I'm assuming they haven't found any issues at least, since I've got zero notes on the order.

Last edited: