Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthDakota

Bronze Level Poster
@NorthDakota Identical to yours, save for the SSDs, amount of Ram and Ryzen 7.

Just says it's waiting for the Clevo NH55AFW (8GB RTX-2070, 144Hz N7, Blank KB) (chassis)
That's what mine said exactly when it was just the chassis I was waiting on. Weird that I order after you but I'm getting processed faster? Unless maybe they've updated my order incorrectly 🙈 I hope not!

I hope you get an update soon I'll keep following this thread and sending updates so it'll be interesting to see how you get on :)

Haha, ordered on the 4th May, it's been a tricky wait. Should be worth it though for that sweet Ryzen!

As fair as I could tell, you get much more bang for your buck going through PCS, plus I like the whole journey (which outside of a pandemic would be a lot smoother).

Also, less bloatware!

I can testify to this, I got a Vortex IV DTR (Desktop Replacement) laptop in 2014 cost £2,500.00 was singing and dancing for it's time. And it still works fine, fans a little noisier but otherwise fine. Just I was looking for an upgrade after 6 years. So the build quality is phenomenal and any queries I've had were always dealt with promptly. I fortunately have not had to send anything back so I cannot comment on that but otherwise I was very happy with my laptop :) I hope I get another good 6 years at least out of this new Nova.

I also agree you don't have any bloatware on it, it's barebones with just the necessary software/drivers.

Charlas

Enthusiast
That's what mine said exactly when it was just the chassis I was waiting on. Weird that I order after you but I'm getting processed faster? Unless maybe they've updated my order incorrectly 🙈 I hope not!

I hope you get an update soon I'll keep following this thread and sending updates so it'll be interesting to see how you get on :)

I can testify to this, I got a Vortex IV DTR (Desktop Replacement) laptop in 2014 cost £2,500.00 was singing and dancing for it's time. And it still works fine, fans a little noisier but otherwise fine. Just I was looking for an upgrade after 6 years. So the build quality is phenomenal and any queries I've had were always dealt with promptly. I fortunately have not had to send anything back so I cannot comment on that but otherwise I was very happy with my laptop :) I hope I get another good 6 years at least out of this new Nova.

I also agree you don't have any bloatware on it, it's barebones with just the necessary software/drivers.
Might be the Ryzen the delay is on, not the chassis

Charlas

Enthusiast
1591094031681.png

I hope so, this i5 is struggling! and that's not even doing any compilation/debug!

You'll get yours soon hopefully I have faith! 😊

Charlas

Enthusiast
That's really high! What did you have it doing 😂 I have an i7 4000 series in this laptop and it still never gets anywhere near 100% 🙈

I work in DevOps, so always got a load of stuff running/on the go at any moment in time, and an i5 just doesn't cut the mustard, but hey, not long to wait I hope....

Charlas

Enthusiast
Me too, as if it's not going to be here in the next week or two I might need to cancel and just purchase one that's 'almost' the spec I want.... I just can't be bothered researching the Omen/Alienware/Tuf/Whatever to get something close :(

danhar827

Me too, as if it's not going to be here in the next week or two I might need to cancel and just purchase one that's 'almost' the spec I want.... I just can't be bothered researching the Omen/Alienware/Tuf/Whatever to get something close :(
Hang in there mate, sure you'll be happier in the long run.

Think of all the bloatware on the other options...

Charlas

Enthusiast
First thing I do with all machines is blow it away anyhow, I've got a build script as it would take me forever to install all my day to day stuff. But yeah, rather have the one I want, and not something 'nearly' right... Aaah well... Hang in there i suppose...

Last edited:

MathersMahmood

Bronze Level Poster

I cancelled mine. Bought a Razer 17 pro that was 800 quid off so im happy with that. But my God the keyboard is horrendous. If i cannot get used to it i will return it for a different laptop haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.