Desks...

kruppsy

Master
This one pops up now and again so apologies if its been covered lately.

I need a new desk, but....I've got nowhere to put it! Basically Im being evicted from my home office in a few months, problem is, where do i put my desk. Its too chunky and dated to fit in anywhere else. I think what I need is a wall mounted jobbie as I cant afford to lose any living space from other rooms, so something really minimal. Style-wise, IKEA furniture generally fits in with our decor.

Any ideas? places to search online? Im struggling. I had a quick look on IKEA but nothing jumps out at me. Budget...under £100 ideally.

Cheers peeps.

kruppsy

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Go a bit left field and get a "standup desk"...saves space by having no chair and seem to be generally narrower (no need for leg space :D )

kruppsy

Master
Go a bit left field and get a "standup desk"...saves space by having no chair and seem to be generally narrower (no need for leg space :D )

Give it that Arcade Machine feel...i like it. :)

It is a nightmare...also because its got to be OK'd by the mrs and fairly child friendly...not easy...

kruppsy

Master
There is only one solution left krupps!

A shed :)

I know :)

As it stands, and it barely does that, our shed is no place for a PC though...how much are loft conversions? :/

c'mon lottery....I indirectly know someone who picked up 20k in that lottery raffle at the weekend...first time player of the lottery...swine...

kruppsy

Master
that would kill you back after a few hours mate.

get your self a man cave/loft.

I'd love a cave and I know what you mean about backage, it certainly isn't ideal.

My other option is to knock down a stud wall and rip out the second toilet (currently a dumping ground) to open up our landing and stick it there, could have a normal desk then. Do you think moisture in the air from the adjacent bathroom would be an issue if I did this?