desktop layout

MJSWARLORD

Silver Level Poster
This is a tip not a question.
As you know its hard to find a desktop background that lets you see all your desktop short cuts clearly so try this.
Choose a photo with not much detail on the left hand side and then import it into paint.
Use a plastic rule to measure how far across the screen your short cuts go.
Next draw an oblong box down the left side of the screen the same width and then fill it in with a colour of your choice , dark brown gives a good background to most icons.
Resave the photo under a new new and choose it as a desktop background,you now have a good photo with easy to read desktop short cuts.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That's a nice idea. Personally I have only one icon on my desktop - the recycle bin. I prefer clean lines, so all my commonly used programs are in the Windows 10 start area. Desktop layout is a very personal thing in any case but I'm sure your neat idea has given some food for thought. Thanks for sharing. :)

Stephen M

Author Level
One of the reasons i use Ubuntu is to have my main icons down the left hand side but I agree with Ubuysa, desktop is a personal thing. I think this idea for Windows, or any other OS is a good one.