Desktop Monitor

poorquality

I couldn't find anywhere else to put this so I hope this is the right place!

Now I have a Tower on order from PCS, but I didn't order a monitor with it - and I hope I'm allowed to ask this here - but does anyone have any recommendations on monitors? Outside of the available selection from PCS?

I'm looking for a Full HD monitor, minimum of 24'' and LED if possible. From what I understand about the system I've ordered, the GTX580 has a HDMI connector along with 2x DVI? I'm assuming this means it has someway of outputting audio otherwise it would just be another DVI port right? So I think I would choose to use that to connect a HDMI cable from the PC to my TV if I've understood it correctly. In which case I'd need a monitor that has a DVI connector as HDMI won't matter as I don't want the monitor to have speakers as I have an existing sound system available for the PC.

Just wondering really if anyone has any recommendations for monitors that fit the spec really... there are so many out there, it's difficult to choose!

Are we allowed to discuss external components and/or provide links etc?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
get a 24 inch IIyama from pcs.I have one, its ace.

I'd get a speaker setup for sound.

Or a headset? (headset you can ignore the missus, and pretend you can hear.....)

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Or a headset? (headset you can ignore the missus, and pretend you can hear.....)

Bad idea you might find yourself agreeing to sell your pc for a new kitchen very very quickly....

As far a Hdmi goes it should play sound if your monitor has speakers

poorquality

It's ok I've ordered one :)

I didn't want a monitor with speakers because I already have a sound system for the PC, I'm only going to use a DVI cable from Monitor to Tower.

I am however intending to use a HDMI cable from Tower to TV as the GTX 580 has the port so I'm assuming it can handle sound.