Desktop pc failing to start up

Ito

Hey so the last time I used my pc was 7 hours ago everything was fine but I just tried to turn it on this morning and its having this issue where it won't turn on at first the ring on the power button wouldn't light up so I thought it was the connections so I moved the desktop closer to the outlet and plugged it in again. Now the ring lights up for a second and the fan rotates once before turning off again whats happened and what should I do

Here are my specs:
Case NZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (WHITE)
Processor (CPU) AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard ASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM) 8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB
CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply CORSAIR 450W CV SERIES™ CV-450 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting 50cm White LED Strip
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network Card WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT
PORTS
Operating System Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey so the last time I used my pc was 7 hours ago everything was fine but I just tried to turn it on this morning and its having this issue where it won't turn on at first the ring on the power button wouldn't light up so I thought it was the connections so I moved the desktop closer to the outlet and plugged it in again. Now the ring lights up for a second and the fan rotates once before turning off again whats happened and what should I do

Here are my specs:
Case NZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (WHITE)
Processor (CPU) AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard ASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM) 8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB
CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply CORSAIR 450W CV SERIES™ CV-450 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting 50cm White LED Strip
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network Card WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT
PORTS
Operating System Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Was there anything preceding the issues? Anything at all you can think of?

Is it plugged into a surge protector?

Ito

Was there anything preceding the issues? Anything at all you can think of?

Is it plugged into a surge protector?
the one thing that happened is that sometimes when jd load nba 2k21 on steam it would get to a loadscreen then the whole system would restart but that's it and no its not plugged into a surge protector

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
the one thing that happened is that sometimes when jd load nba 2k21 on steam it would get to a loadscreen then the whole system would restart but that's it and no its not plugged into a surge protector
You really have to get a surge protector, it’s part of the terms and conditions of your warranty.

Turn it off at the wall but DONT UNPLUG IT, that will keep it grounded.

then open it and make sure the cpu connector to the motherboard is firmly in place, remove it and reconnect it to make sure. It’s the 8 pin connector onto the motherboard in the top left of the board. It may be fiddly to reach.

labelled as 13 in this picture:

A217FA55-A184-44D7-86AB-69EACCF871F4.png

Ito

You really have to get a surge protector, it’s part of the terms and conditions of your warranty.

then open it and make sure the cpu connector to the motherboard is firmly in place, remove it and reconnect it to make sure. It’s the 8 pin connector onto the motherboard in the top left of the board. It may be fiddly to reach.

View attachment 21876
Ok I will do this thank you very much is there anything else I should try

Ito

View attachment 21876
My bad I am using a surge protector

Ito

We’ll go through it step by step otherwise you may miss where the problem lies.
Hey sorry for the late reply I was called into work my brother and fiddled with the back he says that It was just the power cable it had somehow been partially removed from the pc thats why it was on
We’ll go through it step by step otherwise you may miss where the problem lies.
Update: I got called into work got home and my brother had fixed it he said that the cable wasn't plugged into the back properly and that's why it was only turning on momentarily after he'd fixed it I tried to put the pc back straight and there was like a buzzing noise like electricity do I just need to plug it in properly or could it be an electrical issue

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey sorry for the late reply I was called into work my brother and fiddled with the back he says that It was just the power cable it had somehow been partially removed from the pc thats why it was on

Update: I got called into work got home and my brother had fixed it he said that the cable wasn't plugged into the back properly and that's why it was only turning on momentarily after he'd fixed it I tried to put the pc back straight and there was like a buzzing noise like electricity do I just need to plug it in properly or could it be an electrical issue
Ah, excellent, easy fix, really pleased!

MAKE SURE YOU DO USE A SURGE PROTECTOR, IF NOT AND YOU GET A POWERCUT OR TEMPORARY SPIKE, IT'S VERY LIKELY THE PSU/MOTHERBOARD WILL FRY AND YOUR WARRANTY WILL BE INVALID.