desktop problem

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
i got my pc now for like 8 months, im having few issues with it since i got it, first was i had to return the whole system for faulty psu and ram for the first week then second was like a month ago where the coolit eco pump stop working, so they sent me a replacement. last friday morning when i turned it on it switch for 2 seconds and turned itself off, the fans connected to the motherboard does not work but the fans connected directly to the psu's molex turn on but if switch itself off aswell, the problem is that i need my pc to work for my uni project,,,,,,, i got a spare psu but i dont know if the psu is the one causing the problem,,,, anyone can help????????????? please :( if any admin people will read this my order number is 394047,,, thank you.

Buzz

Master
Sorry to hear you have had issues with your comp mate.

When you turned it on and it came on for 2 seconds and turned off again, did you hear any beeping alarms?

Can you turn it on now at all, if so how long does it stay on for?
Can you turn it on long enough to do anything?

When you connected the fans to the motherboard did you also connect them to the power ?
Would need to know more info before can commit to an answer.

Also Your full specs would help future posts.

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
thanks for the reply mate
spec is
i72600k oc to 4.4
asus sabertooth p67
8gb kingston hyper x T1 2133 but only running to 1866
80gb intel ssd
2tb wd caviar black
samsung bluray
750 watts corsair hx
2 palit 2gb 560ti

i dont hear any beaping sound, as it will only turn on (fans only) for 2 secs, those fans that turning on for two secs was the pull/ push config which is connected to the molex psu to run full speed,,,,, and yeah i cant turn it on now, its completely useless :(

Buzz

Master
thanks for the reply mate
spec is
i72600k oc to 4.4

Did you overclock it or was it done in the factory? ? If you did it yourself, how long ago and can you remember roughly what you changed?

When you say it will only turn on (fans only) for 2 sec
Can you elaborate on this please.
Do you mean when you press power on comp, you get NOTHING at all bar you see the 2 CPU fans starting and then stopping
OR
Do you mean when you press power on everything starts for 2 seconds and shuts down then

Last edited:

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
yeah i did oc it by myself it was running fine and had no issues for 4 months since i did it, i even run prime 95 for 16 hours and had no issues cpu temp at prime 95 never goes up to 45 degree celcius,,,, imean those fans which runs are those connected directly to the psu via molex connector, when i press power swithc only the two fans i mention starts, then it shuts off again

Buzz

Master
The coolit eco fans are PWM fans which regulate the speed via the PWM motherboard header and the power.

Im sure going from memory, with the pump and the fans there is the fan Y splitter for the fans, the fan power cable and the jumpers for the pump. If the pump is not connected and the fans are it would still shut off from overheating.

Can you double check all the cables. If it was working before and not now its not likely they are not on correct but best to eliminate it straight up.

Also are you able to get into the BIOS or zero power/boot up ability

Last edited:

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
yeah bro it was working fine on thursday night i had 3 hours bf3 gameplay then when i tried turn it on this friday morning it was like that,,,,, and yes i cant get into bios,,, what do you suspect is the problem with my pc? all seems to be connected well..

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
hey bro is there anyway i can talk to you in chat? i just tried to power my pc now and it suddenly turned on,,,,, what do you think is the problem? its so odd