Desktop warranty

kandik

Hi, I would like to have a cooler installed on my desktop that is no longer available in PCs.
I have gift cards on amazon that I have no use of and would like to spend them for parts on my computer,
I understand that using 3rd party hardware is allowed and will not void the warranty unless it damages other components.
Can I send in my CPU cooler to PCs so they can install it for me?
I will also buy the graphics card from amazon, let's say that the GPU and CPU cooler will go faulty, what are the chances that
they will damage the hardware on the computer?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I don't think a faulty gpu and air cpu cooler will damage other components in your system. Do you want to use the upgrade service with PCS but buy the components from amazon?

kandik

if that is possible then ye! but since my pc dosent even exist yet can i use the upgrade system? ;p

keynes

Multiverse Poster
if that is possible then ye! but since my pc dosent even exist yet can i use the upgrade system? ;p

You need to be an existing customer to use the upgrade service, if you are planning to purchase your system from PCS but send parts from different retailers it may make it a hassle for you when needing technical support or there is a fault with your gpu/cooler and you need to request RMA. I'd suggest getting everything from PCS if possible.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
well can i request PCs to stock a cpu cooler that i'd like?

you can yes, but personally, I dont see a problem with sourcing your own cpu cooler (bear in mind I dont work for pcs)

Say if your cpu cooler fans became faulty, you would either change the fans with different aftermarket ones, or contact the seller in this case amazon.

Are you thinking air cooler or liquid cooler?

kandik

well i've decided to stock my own cooler, gpu and the case from amazon for my gift card. when i order my pc can i request for them not to install the intel cpu cooler? this would leave me less hassle.
if not is it easy to remove and replace?
and Tom since i have free range of choice, any air coolers you would recommend?