diablo 3 or prepurchase guildwars 2?

truegrace

Enthusiast
Can't decide on what to buy. Rumours are gw 2 could be out this month, and if I was to buy d3 I couldn't afford Gw as well. If I prepurchase gw thoughh and it ain't out til Xmas its gonna suck balls:/

Decisions decisions.

Buzz

Master
Well if you buy pre purchase GW you would be able to play the Beta versions and give your feedback, and that Im sure will happen pretty soon. As for the actual game release date will depend on how well the Beta testing goes. It all really depends on can you wait to play a game or not. :)

I would take it that the actual GW2 game wont be out for at least a few months. I dont have Diablo 3 myself, but it does seem weirdly enough, that Critics are giving it a good thumbs up while actual users say its not the best really. Good but not great. As you say Decisions decisions.

Luxas

Bronze Level Poster
I heard D3 beta up to 13 lvl will be out shortly. Maybe you can spend there some time and see if you like it much enough to pay for it in the long run.
ps. If you decide to buy it - Amazon will have it in stock shortly after the long weekend. (35 pounds)

GW2 ... speculations are various but personally I don't think it will be out before the end of the summer.

truegrace

Enthusiast
I think the d3 starter thing was supposed to be available 30 days after release which I had forgot about.

Not sure if I want to beta test gw, was fortunate to be part of the swtor beta testing so had a good few months of playing before release, which made the actual release get stale quicker as the end game content was kind of meh, and had done some of the story on beta. Wouldn't want gw to be the same. Saying that its ftp, so not the end of the world if it does get a bit boring and I find myself just playing now and again

Lairion

Tried D3 in the beta and didn't really get on with it. I had a similar dilemma a while back and ended up getting Tera as a stop gap till GW2 comes out,only the second beta weekend next weekend for it so I would think its going be a good few months yet before its released. Tera's actually not that bad, kinda fun, not got into it hardcore so not sure what the end level contents like yet. Also its a monthly sub too which sucks. If I was you id prob go for D3 least you would have something to play now and since GW2 is going be a good few months yet to release you might have the chance to scrape a few pennies by then.

truegrace

Enthusiast
As long as its a few months buying both won't be a problem, just got no chance of convincing the missus on 2 full price games in a month :p
Even though its only the second beta weekend coming up they have been beta testing for a while now, think swtor had 3 or 4 open weekends before release, so will hopefully be soon.

I have got plenty of games I haavent played yet so don't really need something to fill the time, dam drunken monkey and his cheap game finds.

Gonna wait and try D3 when the starter pack is out I think, then can decided. Hopefully a gw date will be announced by anet by then :)

Luxas

Bronze Level Poster
As long as its a few months buying both won't be a problem, just got no chance of convincing the missus on 2 full price games in a month :p

That might be a problem. But I see a solution. Try to convince her to buy you a gift! There's no special occasion needed for a gifts :p

kokabel

Bronze Level Poster
GW2 won't be out for another few months. They told us the Beta period for GW2 would be shorter than that for GW1, which lasted 5 months. Given that GW2 Entered closed testing in March, I think we're looking toward the late end of August - but even then, if the game is not as ready as they would like, it may take longer to release.

But you do get access to beta events with prepurchase. Still, Diablo3 would be a good timewaster while you wait. :p

dangro474

Bright Spark
Diablo 3 is fun, however if youre looking for a game to waste hours on that doesn't simply consist of "play the game through, grind gear, play the game through, grind gear, p[lay the game through, get cockblocked due to poor gear, grind for 200 hrs, buy better gear from AH, struggle in Inferno due to laughably bad game balance", Diablo 3 isn't for you.

Luxas

Bronze Level Poster
I played d3 for half an hour yesterday first impression - it's great. And fun. And it was playable using Notebook with integrated graphics HD 3000 what surprised me the most.

truegrace

Enthusiast
Thanks to narcotics I have a guest pass to try out, completed the first act with a wizard in a few hours, and although it was good and enjoyable, not sure I would feel the same if I had spent £40 on it. It does look silky smooth though, will search about next month and see if I can find a cheaper copy i think.