Did anyone do the London to Brighton mini run this weekend?!

lewishollings

Bright Spark
So, who did the london to brighton this weekend? could be no one but I would love to know if there are any other classic mini owners on the forum? :D

lewishollings

Bright Spark
IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

IMG_0745.JPG

IMG_0814.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
WOW thats pretty awesome, must have been a great day. +rep for the amazing photos.

You a Mini owner yourself or just like them?

lewishollings

Bright Spark
It was mini heaven! I sat in with my mate and went to crystal palace with the Norfolk mini owners club where we camped out for the night, woke up at 5 the next morning for a maccy breakfast and waited for the queue to leave, there were 1000's! And, unfortunately not, but I hope to own one very soon! Once I get employed haha

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Must have been a blast, was it old and new style minis or were there rules about which could show up.

I really like the classic mini, when they are looked after they just look amazing.

lewishollings

Bright Spark
Yes, best weekend out in a while! but yes, any mini could show up but the only thing mini about the new ones is the badge.. But like DeadEye said... proper minis, gotta love em! ;)

Rakk

The Awesome
I used to have a classic mini (old W reg - 1980ish maybe), but it died (sometime between 1995 and 2000), it got a hole in the oil tank, you put the oil in and an hour or two later, all the oil was on a tray under the car, and at that point the car wasn't worth much anyways.

lewishollings

Bright Spark
How comfortable is 2 hours in a mini travelling at 60+mph?!

Depends what seats you're sitting in! haha, the 2 friends I was sitting in with both had pretty comfy seats tbh, noise seems to be the bigger problem though! :L Also, we got lost on the journey home from Brighton to Norwich so it ended up taking 8 hours to get back -.- chore!

These are the seats I was in:

8612608563_a4c14a0368_b.jpg

Last edited:

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Aha nice :) I meant the noise mainly! I work with a bloke who used to have one and he said if you did 50-60mph on a dual carriageway the whole thing started shaking and screeching. He only had the 1 litre though, I know you can get them in a 1.3 as well which probably aren't a huge amount quieter but maybe a little! He was pretty much going to scrap his until he realised he could sell it for £4000...

lewishollings

Bright Spark
Ahhh, we were in a 1 litre! but they can get bloody noisy haha, here's another pic of a couple of my mates, first motorway drive!

This is what we call the Wheeeyb!

wheeeyb.jpg

lewishollings

Bright Spark
It's a CB Radio, we had a few in the group that were using them so the person at the back can contact the person at the front if the convoy gets broken up, so they slow down or pull over :)

lewishollings

Bright Spark
Don't know if anyone on these forums particularly cares but I just got all of the photos off my friends and would like to share a few with you that do care :p
Firstly, these first pictures are just a few from our own little group, I'd like to introduce you to ruby and Millie! and Anna showing everyone what we thought of the day!

IMG_0966.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_0815.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

Just some cars we saw on the day, some wacky ones in there like a mini with a bike engine, bean and even a mini sprint replica!

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0640.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

Does anyone recognise this? it has been on television!

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0622.JPG

IMG_0816.JPG

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I presume the red one was off Top Gear when they went to India and they got Hammond to paint the Mexican flag etc etc?

Also you might be best off posting a link to an image host with all the photos...firstly can see more, but also posting lots of photos means threads take aaaggges to open (see Screenshots thread :D )

Good stuff though!