Disabling the on/off touchpad button

Tmforshaw

Hi,
I recently got the Optimus Pro, when I'm playing games my thumb keeps knocking the on/off button for the touchpad and I would really like to disable that. I've had a look around on the forums and a lot of people are saying things about clevo control center but I can't find the chassis number on their website.

The model number on the bottom of my laptop is GK5NR0O.
Thanks.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,
I recently got the Optimus Pro, when I'm playing games my thumb keeps knocking the on/off button for the touchpad and I would really like to disable that. I've had a look around on the forums and a lot of people are saying things about clevo control center but I can't find the chassis number on their website.

The model number on the bottom of my laptop is GK5NR0O.
Thanks.
That's a Tong Fang chassis.

Are there not options in the trackpad driver? Usually you have the option to disable features in the driver.

Really you should be disabling the trackpad when gaming as it will inherently get in the way. There's usually a function button to disable it.

Tmforshaw

That's a Tong Fang chassis.

Are there not options in the trackpad driver? Usually you have the option to disable features in the driver.

Really you should be disabling the trackpad when gaming as it will inherently get in the way. There's usually a function button to disable it.

I've disabled the trackpad however it constantly turns back on because I'm knocking the on/off button in the top left of the trackpad.

I've tried to find the options in the device manager but if I click the button for the driver details it says there is none installed.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've disabled the trackpad however it constantly turns back on because I'm knocking the on/off button in the top left of the trackpad.

I've tried to find the options in the device manager but if I click the button for the driver details it says there is none installed.
It may not be properly installed then.

If you go into your PCS account, to downloads, then tech support, do you see a driver for trackpad? Probably a synaptics driver?

Tmforshaw

It may not be properly installed then.

If you go into your PCS account, to downloads, then tech support, do you see a driver for trackpad? Probably a synaptics driver?

I saw that and downloaded it but I wasn't sure how to install it. It comes with a PDF but it isn't in English.

Tmforshaw

What’s the file extension?

It's a zip file with a folder inside.
TouchPadFolder.png

DriversFolder.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So in this instance you go into device manager, find the touchpad, go into properties and select update driver, then you state you have the disc and point it to the ptupdateflashdriver.inf (.inf files are drivers).

You’ll need to extract the zip file firstly.

Tmforshaw

It says that the best drivers are already installed. I think that there may just not be an option to disable this that I can access.

Thanks for your help.