Display/Hardware error

Pauljenks

I’m not saying it’s not genuine, just wondering if it’s an outdated version. Where did you source the installer?

If you type “winver” into windows search it will tell you which version it is

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.8 KB · Views: 30

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When this popped up after the last crash i was ready to pull my hair out lol. I just removed the drive from the computer and reinstalled windows on the m2 ssd. ive installed the latest driver for my gtx 1080 and am now downloading games from steam to see if finally no more crashes. /crosses fingers
I would still be trying the previous driver, not the latest.

Pauljenks

I would still be trying the previous driver, not the latest.
Fair point but it was still crashing whatever driver i used, i would have thought the next thing to look at would be my gpu failing. Its 7 years old now. When i was using microsofts basic driver i had no crashes at all. So its either the nvidia driver or the gpu?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Fair point but it was still crashing whatever driver i used, i would have thought the next thing to look at would be my gpu failing. Its 7 years old now. When i was using microsofts basic driver i had no crashes at all. So its either the nvidia driver or the gpu?
If you've tried the older driver, then yes, it suggests the GPU, you hadn't clarified that you'd tried a previous driver beforehand.

Again the Microsoft driver doesn't access any 3d workloads, it's purely a basic display out, so has no relevance.

Pauljenks

If you've tried the older driver, then yes, it suggests the GPU, you hadn't clarified that you'd tried a previous driver beforehand.

Again the Microsoft driver doesn't access any 3d workloads, it's purely a basic display out, so has no relevance.
sorry i wasnt clear on that, i tried 2 older drivers from nvidias website. one from oct and the other from sept. Still crashed.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
sorry i wasnt clear on that, i tried 2 older drivers from nvidias website. one from oct and the other from sept. Still crashed.
That would suggest the GPU has failed then. As a last thing you could try removing the GPU and reinstalling it, just in case something's somehow come adrift.

Pauljenks

Thanks for the comments guys. I do appreciate it. Just to let you know, after i did a clean reinstall of windows, I have had no problems since.
No more crashes thank god. It was getting ridiculous having the computer crashing and rebooting every few mins.