Display has died twice on me - Ionico 17.3"

Illmatc-

I've not experienced it again bar the two times I reported here fortunately enough.

Best of luck with the repair mate, let us know how it goes!

Alder

Hello, I had the same problem on my Ionico 17.

I was able to solve this one by installing the old Intel UHD graphics driver (30.0.101.1069).

Pay attention to Windows update which will automatically reinstall the new version of the driver.

Sorry I use google translate ^^

barlew

Godlike
1644606673239.png

Hello, I had the same problem on my Ionico 17.

I was able to solve this one by installing the old Intel UHD graphics driver (30.0.101.1069).

Pay attention to Windows update which will automatically reinstall the new version of the driver.

Sorry I use google translate ^^
You can stop Windows from doing this by searching for Device Installation Settings and then clicking No.

daleman

Bronze Level Poster
To answer a question earlier, RMA = Returned Materials Authorisation, which is a rather ridiculous turn across the trade meaning to return faulty or otherwise unwanted goods

Mr. T

So I have RMAed my laptop but PCS technicians couldn't replicate the issue. I got the laptop back today and followed Alder's advice, but instead of rolling back the driver I installed a newer version. The existing driver was 30.0.100.9805, I downloaded the latest version from Intel 30.0.101.1340 which was released few weeks ago and works fine, but then Windows Update downgrades it to the previous version even though I have configured Windows to not install updates for drivers.

I think that version 30.0.100.9805 has the bug that causes the screen to die or have those weird black spots, but how to prevent windows from rolling back to that version?