Display problem - unfixable or maybe not

Stese

Hi,

My Optimus V 17's display panel has developed an issue, where the panel does not work or has very weird artefacts on screen, depending on the precise angle the screen is from the motherboard. I've another identical machine that works fine.

The issue seemed to get worse over time, and its now got to the point that I can barely find a place it works properly in. When it is working, it is 100%, when it's playing up, the panel is either blank, has a static image with artefacts all over it or flickers badly.

I suspect that this is an issue with the cable between the panel and the mobo, but I'm not sure. I have the following to ask :-

1. Is there a full disassembly guide available for this laptop?

2. Does anyone know if the cable is detachable at BOTH ends?

3. Has anyone else had this or a similar problem? Did it turn out to be unfixable?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
1. Is there a full disassembly guide available for this laptop?
What's the clevo chassis model? It will be on the underside of the laptop. Maybe something like W150ERM (but not actually W150ERM).

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This might be shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, but do you open the laptop always from the centre? If you open a laptop from either corner the stresses on the screen are quite large. With modern laptops getting lighter and thinner these stresses are borne mostly by the screen. I also leave my laptop open unless I need to move it, that results in less stress and wear on the ribbon cable too.

If you give PCS a call they can probably tell you whether the cable is a separate item, they may even send you a copy of the service manual for your laptop. It's always worth asking, PCS are generally very helpful. :)

Stese

Hi,

The chassis is a W370SS i beleive.

I generally open with one hand from around the middle, so your explaination i possible. I'll give PCS a call about it at some point.

Thanks.

Steve