Dissapearing M.2 SSd after sleep activated

Daymos

Bronze Level Poster
hi guys, I have this system and i bought a samsung m.2 drive. Everything works fine but if i put my laptop into sleep and then awake from it, the drive dissapears.

If i restart the system it comes back again. I was told it was an issue with samsung drives only so i purchaced a PNY drive CS3040 SSD and its exactly the same issue.

Has anyone had this problem and more importantly solved it?

I've updated to windows 11 hoping it would solve the issue but no joy... i read somewhere saying if you play with the hybernate settings it can fix the bug but im still none the wiser and have 2 expensive 2TB drives not working properly. I will return them but desperatly need a fix.. I cant even work properly as I have to either leave it on all night or do a full powerdown after every editing session.

Chassis & Display
Recoil Series: 17.3" Matte QHD 165Hz 100% sRGB LED Widescreen (2560x1440) + G-Sync
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i9 Eight-Core Processor i9-11900K (3.5GHz) 16MB Cache
Memory (RAM)
128GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (4 x 32GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3080 - 16.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 530 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 7300MB/R, 6900MB/W)
Memory Card Reader
Integrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor
2 x 280W AC Adaptor
Power Cable
2 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Battery
2 x Recoil Series Battery Pack, 97WH (One Spare)
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Atlas & Super X-Fi
Wireless Network Card
GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 M.2 GAMING + BLUETOOTH 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
2 x THUNDERBOLT 4 + 1 x USB 3.2 (TYPE C) + 3 x USB 3.2
Keyboard Language
PER-KEY RGB BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [MUP-00003]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Supplied on USB Drive

Daymos

Bronze Level Poster
Does anyone here have 2 or 3 m.2 SSDs drives installed without having this dissapearing issue when you wake from sleep or hybernate?

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
To be fair, i experienced it once or twice with the 2nd ssd in my recoil.
I never knew what was the cause bacause after a reboot, the ssd were working fine (so i never really try to find out the reason ^^")

Maybe @SpyderTracks , @barlew or @Bhuna50 could help you (and maybe me ^^)

Daymos

Bronze Level Poster
To be fair, i experienced it once or twice with the 2nd ssd in my recoil.
I never knew what was the cause bacause after a reboot, the ssd were working fine (so i never really try to find out the reason ^^")

Maybe @SpyderTracks , @barlew or @Bhuna50 could help you (and maybe me ^^)
This has been my 3rd system but 8n the past I'd have 1 SSd with the 2nd drive a normal 3.5 drive.

This is my first time with more than one M.2 SSDs.

Its so frustrating because I'm trying to see if I can live with the issue and I don't think I can.

I do 3d modelling and animation and if I load a file from the dissapearing drive I'd be in trouble and elements will be missing as it wont find textures etc when I awake from sleep.

It means I'll have to always ensure the project file is loaded from the windows drive and then it means its useless having a superfast 2nd drive if I'm not using it.

I guess I can use it to hold completed renders perhaps. I don't know.

I've spent nearly a week solid looking for a fix.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This has been my 3rd system but 8n the past I'd have 1 SSd with the 2nd drive a normal 3.5 drive.

This is my first time with more than one M.2 SSDs.

Its so frustrating because I'm trying to see if I can live with the issue and I don't think I can.

I do 3d modelling and animation and if I load a file from the dissapearing drive I'd be in trouble and elements will be missing as it wont find textures etc when I awake from sleep.

It means I'll have to always ensure the project file is loaded from the windows drive and then it means its useless having a superfast 2nd drive if I'm not using it.

I guess I can use it to hold completed renders perhaps. I don't know.

I've spent nearly a week solid looking for a fix.
Firstly, do you need to use sleep?

Daymos

Bronze Level Poster
Firstly, do you need to use sleep?
Yes.. I have 2 screens working on 3ds max, iclone7, nvidia omniverse and Unreal engine. I have folders strategically open as I have to do alot of file drag and dropping between programs.

Its how I work and I can use sleep for a whole week as I'm in the middle of a project. Shut down means I have to locate everything and place everything in the right places..

So that's why? Plus when I'm working and I need to sleep.. I just use sleep mode so I can continue where I left off.

I don't think I should have to change due to this bug... but sadly I may have to.

The other option us to leave my machine on all the time but this beast uses alot of power and I don't fancy running all my components into the ground prematurely

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes.. I have 2 screens working on 3ds max, iclone7, nvidia omniverse and Unreal engine. I have folders strategically open as I have to do alot of file drag and dropping between programs.

Its how I work and I can use sleep for a whole week as I'm in the middle of a project. Shut down means I have to locate everything and place everything in the right places..

So that's why? Plus when I'm working and I need to sleep.. I just use sleep mode so I can continue where I left off.

I don't think I should have to change due to this bug... but sadly I may have to.

The other option us to leave my machine on all the time but this beast uses alot of power and I don't fancy running all my components into the ground prematurely
In that case raise it with PCS, there may be a BIOS update or something available.

Daymos

Bronze Level Poster
This one I doubt its the SSD because I bought 3 different brands to test at the same time.

All 3 was visible.... put it to sleep and all 3 dissapeared.

Luckily I was able to return 2 of the drives so now I have just 2 Samsung 2TB M.2 SSD added to the machine.

Daymos

Bronze Level Poster
Fair enough. good to know.. the thing did say anything from 1 week to 28 days etc... ill keep a look out and hope it comes sooner rather than later. Cheers

Daymos

Bronze Level Poster
Still waiting.. i understand there is a waiting list but if i knew it would take this long i probably would have found another option.

I need my machine for work and im stuffed because i cant continue with it the way it was and i cant be without my machine for months either.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Still waiting.. i understand there is a waiting list but if i knew it would take this long i probably would have found another option.

I need my machine for work and im stuffed because i cant continue with it the way it was and i cant be without my machine for months either.
As above, it will take a few weeks before it's even looked at, you're in a queue. It's only been a week.

Daymos

Bronze Level Poster
10th feb isnt a week, clearly you live in the past. I bought the machine and have been trying to fix it with back and forth conversations since Xmas. but to clarify the RMA was 10th Feb 21 days ago.

Your moderator energy is very defensive and unnecessary.

You dont need to reply because PC specialst emailed me with the correct energy to update a customer on the situation so i'm happy to wait while they look at it.

I like their non moderator energy.