Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga

BAD SANTA

Hey everyone,

Has anybody played this?
Is it any good?
Is it worth playing?

Just wondering because there seems to be very mixed reviews.

Cheers

Adam

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Not much help, but i have bought this.....but not played it too much on the pc yet. If you like your rpgs; with a bit of arcade combat and the added bonus of turning into a dragon towards the latter parts of the game;from what i gather you should enjoy it. I had to get mine from play asia due to nowhere in the uk stocking it but i see its coming to steam soon.

I did play the demo on the 360 for longer than i have played it on the pc and quite enjoyed it; is a lot better on the pc in every way. It seems like a massive game...set aside plenty of time. It contains the old divinity 2 ego draconis remastered completely in terms of graphics and bug fixes; and the expansion pack too; which is another massive chunk of gaming. I paid a little bit too much for mine but will be cracking it open soon; or when i have finished a few of the games i have here already installed lol.

This review i think sums it all up quite nicely: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2010/nov/22/divinity-2-dragon-knight-saga-review surprisingly for a guardian review!

Even in the demo on the 360 one thing struck me; and that is the difficulty....it is a tough game; and is truly a pc rpg with little hand holding. I got absolutely battered in the game by the first "real" challenging foe i encountered. The graphics etc are top notch and there is a little bit of humour in the dialogue too which stops it being too generic and, well; boring. Well worth a shout i'd say.

Last edited:

BAD SANTA

Cheers for your reply, I did see it on steam and looked for some reviews but still undecided so I might download the demo and have a try. Cheers again +rep

BAD SANTA

I'll be honest I did check it out but I was seriously disappointed with the graphics they looked ok on the landscape and buildings but the detail is horrible, it looks like it was just slapped on by a separate artist with no consideration for what had already been done, it is really really bad considering the standed you get nowadays and yer I know that the original game is a bit old now but when they say they have overhauled it you expect the detail to look at least equal to the landscape.
I will give you an example, when in the first town I went over to look at a building which looked great outside but the door just looked like a completely flat block of graphics that looked like a 10 year old drew it for FF3 it really is that bad.

Jumping, OMFG who in there right mind does every jump with a summersault, again ridiculous.

Having said all this it did feel like it had a good bases for a great RPG but after half an hour of looking at the horrendous graphics and crazy jumping I found myself just looking for faults which stopped me from enjoying it.

I reckon that part of the problem might be that I just finished playing The Witcher 2 which clouded my judgement with it's fantastic story, excellent cut scene graphic novel style artwork, and beautiful in game graphics.

The trouble is I am looking for something else to curb my RPG craving before the release of Skyrim.