Do dual monitors with different refresh rates cause system "problems"?

Outsunami

I'm looking at a couple of monitors, a high refresh rate mate monitor and a separate (will be vertical) monitor on the side, that is only 60hz.
I've heard and read people saying it can cause "issues" don't ask me what exactly but it causes minor freakouts screen issues.
Any truth in this? was it an issue in the past and ok now? Or is this an urban myth...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm looking at a couple of monitors, a high refresh rate mate monitor and a separate (will be vertical) monitor on the side, that is only 60hz.
I've heard and read people saying it can cause "issues" don't ask me what exactly but it causes minor freakouts screen issues.
Any truth in this? was it an issue in the past and ok now? Or is this an urban myth...
What issue are you talking about? From being vertical or from being 60Hz? I'm not aware of any issues personally from either.

What's your max budget for the monitors? And what GPU is it being paired with, what usage scenario?

steaky360

I've not had any issues and my monitors have different refresh rates.

If you are 'extending your display' (ie PC is treating them like two separate displays) and not trying to game across both of them for example I don't think you'll have any issues.