Do I need to buy a mDP to DP cable for this combo

johmac653

I'm speccing a new gaming rigg just now and have decided on a EVGA 1070 graphics card and An Asus rog swift pg278q 27 monitor. When I save the quote I get this warning:

"Please note that as this monitor only supports a full size DP connection you may, dependant on Graphics card choice, need to order a mDP to DP monitor cable."

So, do I need to buy a cable or is it not necessary with the card I have chosen?
I did email PCS and asked this but all they say in their reply is that they do not sell mDP to Dp cables, but I can buy one on Amazon. Which doesn't really answer the question I asked them..

Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm speccing a new gaming rigg just now and have decided on a EVGA 1070 graphics card and An Asus rog swift pg278q 27 monitor. When I save the quote I get this warning:

"Please note that as this monitor only supports a full size DP connection you may, dependant on Graphics card choice, need to order a mDP to DP monitor cable."

So, do I need to buy a cable or is it not necessary with the card I have chosen?
I did email PCS and asked this but all they say in their reply is that they do not sell mDP to Dp cables, but I can buy one on Amazon. Which doesn't really answer the question I asked them..

Thanks

the 1070 has a full size DP connector so you should be fine.