Do I need to upgrade my cooling ?

CookieDunne

So I am about to upgrade some of my stuff and wondered if I needed to upgrade my cooling along with it.

Current rig :

Case PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7-2700k Quad Core (3.50GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard ASUS® P8Z77-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card 1GB AMD RADEON™ HD7750 - DVI,HDMI,DP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 3 Capable
2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
RAID NONE
SSD CACHE DRIVE NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE
Processor Cooling SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER

So I am going to change the case to a BitFenix Colossus Blue & Red LED Big Tower Case, going to add a Samsung 250GB SSD 840 EVO, upgrade my GPU to Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 WindForce 3x "GHz Edition" 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card and up my power supply to a Corsair Builder Series CX 750W.

I am pretty dumb when it comes to the inside of a PC so any help would be great.

T

TheGeeza

So you are going to be upgrading a few components such as the graphics card? Just make sure there is good airflow in the case and that you have the necessary intake and exhaust fans installed. The CPU cooler is also fine if you don't plan on overclocking.
Here is a rough diagram of the airflow inside the case. Should give you an idea where to install the necessary fans :)
download (2).jpg

CookieDunne

I don't plan on overclocking anytime soon, I have no clue about it yet but I have had my eye on the Corsair Hydro H100i if I do need to upgrade it.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If you are not planning to overclock or not sure I would stick with the one you have until you are certain you are overclocking.