Do not understand details of 7.1 speaker

Hellmut1956

I am upgrading my PC in my workshop. So far with a GZTX1060 6B I do have 2 UHD monitors 28" and 2 24" monitors. Now I want to see how to use the 7.1 Speaker support on my ASUS P6T SE motherboard. Searching in the Internet the 7.1 speakers come as a set with a control unit. Is this control unit required having then receptacles on my motherboard for the 7.1 speakers? If the control unit has to be, then that is probably what I would have to do. If not, how do I select the right speakers to take advantage of the 7.1 Sound system build onto my motherboard.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The motherboard manual available on the Asus site tells you how to connect speakers for 7.1 audio.

Hellmut1956

Sorry, apparently I was unable to phrase my question correctly! My question was not about where to connect the different speakers! My question was as to what speakers I do need! The 5.1 or 7.1 speakers I find on the Intrenet always come with a control unit. But I think my motherboard already has the functionality to control the speakers. As a consequence I would need no control unit for 5.1 or 7.1 speakers. Is that correct? In case it is correct, what kind of speakers I do need?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry, apparently I was unable to phrase my question correctly! My question was not about where to connect the different speakers! My question was as to what speakers I do need! The 5.1 or 7.1 speakers I find on the Intrenet always come with a control unit. But I think my motherboard already has the functionality to control the speakers. As a consequence I would need no control unit for 5.1 or 7.1 speakers. Is that correct? In case it is correct, what kind of speakers I do need?

So that "control unit" is an amplifier that sorts out the power to the speakers and adds dsp like dolby, thx etc.

In the strictest sense, yes, you don't need that as you want your PC to adjust the sound.

Really for PC, you want 5.1 channel as all games are done in 5.1. If you search for 7.1, they're really designed as home media setups and will include an amp. That being said, I note that Logitechs current 5.1 includes an amp which is just ludicrous.

Basically, having an amp will do no damage, but it will adjust the audio out of the PC.

There are some good speaker setups like the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 at the higher end of the budget:

https://www.hifix.co.uk/monitor-aud...tLJkERqTWBdCx15zDTeuXhHXvvRm89K4aAsEYEALw_wcB

Down to the Pioneer S-HS100 5.1 at the lower end:

https://www.gear4music.com/Home-Aud...YIBskzKfAgCkgC293_XSdVvf_xf2LEBgaAm7nEALw_wcB

Just have to hunt around a bit.

If you want 7.1, I doubt you'll find one without an amp, as they're not designed for PC systems, they're for Home Audio.