Do you cheat and does it spoil your experience

BAD SANTA

I thought I would see if you guys n girls ever cheat while gaming and if so does it ever spoil your experience?

I am not talking about online or MP because if you do that I hope you burn in hell!

I thought I would start off by what I class as cheating.

Game Guides.
Now I do sometimes have a peek at these but not to see how to complete a quest or level because I can't but more so that I can find the secret stuff that you would probably never ever find without it.
I think it actually enhances my experience because I like to do everything and get all the best stuff by the end of the game.

Glitches.
For example Oblivion, cash was in such short supply it was almost painful especially later on when you were enchanting equipment or making spells.
I did take full advantage of the Dorian money glitch but did everything else by the book and again I didn't feel that it spoiled my experience at all.

Mods.
I personally do not like mods unless they are graphical or visual mods or patches released by the games dev team.
I class mods that give you more power, weapons or whatever as game destroying and take out the pleasure of grinding to get them away.
The times I have used mods have almost always stopped me from bothering to play the game to the end.

Cheat codes and or console commands.
Well my feelings are pretty much the same as above I hate them and never use them.

So do you cheat?

Does it spoil the experience?

What games do you or have you cheated on and why?

Flucky

I thought I would see if you guys n girls ever cheat while gaming and if so does it ever spoil your experience?

I am not talking about online or MP because if you do that I hope you burn in hell!

I thought I would start off by what I class as cheating.

Game Guides.
Now I do sometimes have a peek at these but not to see how to complete a quest or level because I can't but more so that I can find the secret stuff that you would probably never ever find without it.
I think it actually enhances my experience because I like to do everything and get all the best stuff by the end of the game.

Glitches.
For example Oblivion, cash was in such short supply it was almost painful especially later on when you were enchanting equipment or making spells.
I did take full advantage of the Dorian money glitch but did everything else by the book and again I didn't feel that it spoiled my experience at all.

Mods.
I personally do not like mods unless they are graphical or visual mods or patches released by the games dev team.
I class mods that give you more power, weapons or whatever as game destroying and take out the pleasure of grinding to get them away.
The times I have used mods have almost always stopped me from bothering to play the game to the end.

Cheat codes and or console commands.
Well my feelings are pretty much the same as above I hate them and never use them.

So do you cheat?

Does it spoil the experience?

What games do you or have you cheated on and why?

Try getting through the Water Temple without one :p

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Single Player? I cheat all the time!

Rather than spoil it, I find some games completely enhanced by things like God mode and all weps!

Examples?

Pick a game, if it has cheats codes/commands I probably used them, but for some specifics:

Fallout 3: I did all the intro stuff, but just found it dull to die randomly, and much prefer legging it around the place, exploring the story rather than worrying about dieing!

Doom: IDDQD, nuff said :D

Most RPGs: Like Fallout, I like the story part, and although I could do many without, I am jsut lazy!

Anything scary: If it is going to pop up from nowhere and try to kill me, hell no is it going to! I cant remember which game, but I just stopped playing after 20 mins because there were no cheats and it was just too scary!! :D (i r complete coward when it comes to games and films!)

So no, it doesnt spoil it for me. As long as its SP and doesnt affect anyone else, im all for it.

MP CHEATS SHOULD INDEED B.I.H!

:D

F3AR

I cheat at xbox 360.

And i play promod, which is kinda a mod? lol!

Also, i <3 enhancemods, for Flight simulator :)

NoBrainer

I cheat in the games mentioned above (Oblivion, GTA)... It just makes it awesome fun and much less stressful :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I aint cheated for years now, when i had a ps2 years ago i admit that i did. but never even thought about it since using a xbox 360 n pc gaming. It ruins the game when people cheat during online games, kinda why i stopped playing modern warfare and black ops on 360. Not to mention cod games are the same old rubbish with slightly different story-lines.

Tom