Do you keep Asus Armoury Crate installed?

UberJase

I have had my new PC from PCS for over a week and couldn't be happier with it :) It came with Armoury Crate and Icue preinstalled. My CPU U usage is about 2% at idle but there is a lot of processes running. Should I just leave Armoury Crate installed as I've read it can be a pain to completely remove?

Thanks

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I have had my new PC from PCS for over a week and couldn't be happier with it :) It came with Armoury Crate and Icue preinstalled. My CPU U usage is about 2% at idle but there is a lot of processes running. Should I just leave Armoury Crate installed as I've read it can be a pain to completely remove?

Thanks
I'm keeping it on my PC. It also has a section for driver updates, always handy in my opinion :)

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I was only looking at this exact question yestrday after I updated iCue to the latest version - as I now don't use Armoury Crate for my CPU fan RGB anymore and won't interact with it much as a result.

I couldn't find a decent answer to the question to be honest - it's only a piece of software at the end of the day so I expect that removing it would be no big deal. ASUS also give directions on how to uninstall it here.

However, I have decided to leave it installed as it is handy for updates.

(EDIT - Armoury Crate does show in my list of processes in Task Manager - but it is rarely actually active and using noticeable resources. I have plenty of other rubbish on my system that does much worse in that regard.....)

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I was only looking at this exact question yestrday after I updated iCue to the latest version - as I now don't use Armoury Crate for my CPU fan RGB anymore and won't interact with it much as a result.

I couldn't find a decent answer to the question to be honest - it's only a piece of software at the end of the day so I expect that removing it would be no big deal. ASUS also give directions on how to uninstall it here.

However, I have decided to leave it installed as it is handy for updates.

(EDIT - Armoury Crate does show in my list of processes in Task Manager - but it is rarely actually active and using noticeable resources. I have plenty of other rubbish on my system that does much worse in that regard.....)
The problem with Armoury Crate is that my motherboard LED doesn't sync anymore with iCUE even if a scene is selected. These things go in conflict

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
The problem with Armoury Crate is that my motherboard LED doesn't sync anymore with iCUE even if a scene is selected. These things go in conflict
Thankfully my Motherboard isn't fancy enough to have anything other than audio track LED lighting. I can control this from AI Suite 3 (or BIOS of course) - but yes I can see how there will be a problem if two apps are installed that are trying to control the same thing.....

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thankfully my Motherboard isn't fancy enough to have anything other than audio track LED lighting. I can control this from AI Suite 3 (or BIOS of course) - but yes I can see how there will be a problem if two apps are installed that are trying to control the same thing.....
It's funny cause Corsair says ASUS motherboards are compatible and integrated in iCUE for lighting but on the other hand if you install Armoury Crate and you boot it, you can say bye bye to light sync between iCUE and motherboard

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
That was my issue with the previous version of iCue - my AURA header wouldn't show up in iCue - only in Armoury Crate - but with the version 4 of iCue I can control everything from iCue now - even with Armoury Crate installed and running at start-up.

I guess different boards behave differently of course - but iCue 4.0 solved it for me.......

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I didn't have anything other than the OS and some out of date drivers installed.

Had to run Windows Update a few times, and then update the AMD Chipset drivers and Nvidia GPU drivers before I even considered downloading iCue and Armory Crate (which as a pain as the website kept offering an old version).

UberJase

Thanks guys,

I'll keep them installed then for now. My Icue version is 3.3, should I upgrade to v4? Also in device manager the ACHI and NVM express drivers are the default standard windows ones, do I need to install other drivers? I have updated the AMD chipset drivers.

Thanks
Jase