Does having your charger plugged in effect GPU performance??

I got my brand new Vortex III 15.6" laptop yesterday with a 2.6GHz i5 3320M, 2GB Nvidia GTX 675M, 4GB 1600MHz RAM, and I am very happy with the results I'm getting when running games WITH THE CHARGER PLUGGED IN, when I play the same games without the laptop plugged in and charging, the FPS drop massively and the games are loads slower. Does not having my charger plugged in mean the GPU can't run on full wack?? If so, I want it to run on full wack regardless of whether the charger is plugged in, is this possible? If so how?

cheshirecat765

Bronze Level Poster
Have you installed "Control Center" which should have come on the driver disc packaged with your laptop? If not, right click the icon where it shows your battery in the bottom right, click power options, and then select "High Performance". You may have to tinker settings to have it running at full power regardless whether the laptop is on charge or on battery!

I have started using the high performance settings and the fps are still not as high. I am okay with it being that it's only on full wack when i have it plugged in because i will often be near a power source. I am just concerned about my battery, is it not bad for the battery to have your charger plugged in all the time when is on 100% ??

cheshirecat765

Bronze Level Poster
I have started using the high performance settings and the fps are still not as high. I am okay with it being that it's only on full wack when i have it plugged in because i will often be near a power source. I am just concerned about my battery, is it not bad for the battery to have your charger plugged in all the time when is on 100% ??

Yeah it's no good for the battery if it's gonna be plugged in all the time. What i did was discharge to around 40% and just took it out, now i store it in a cool place, you wanna avoid storing it somewhere warm. I never use it on battery, so for me, it's pointless having it in!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I left my old HP in pretty much 24/7 and about 18 months later id get at least 3 hours on general use - 3GB, Dual Core 2.1GHz Pentium