Does Initia 14" notebook come with a backlit keyboard

JeffWatkins909

I have just purchased an Initia 14" notebook. I am using it with Linux (Manjaro), I cannot seem to turn on the keyboard backlight, Before I spend any more time on it, does the model come with a backlit keyboard?

Stephen M

Author Level
Not sure but even if it has, keyboard lights are often a problem with Linux. There are a few threads in the Linux section which may help.

JeffWatkins909

Not sure but even if it has, keyboard lights are often a problem with Linux. There are a few threads in the Linux section which may help.
Thanks Stephen (Gustav)

I've looked and tried some remedies, don't want to waste too much time if it's a blind alley

Stephen M

Author Level
Thanks Stephen (Gustav)

I've looked and tried some remedies, don't want to waste too much time if it's a blind alley
Have to admit, have never bothered much, although my lights come on. Some have got the colour change to work but only on certain machines.

One of the first things I load on a new machine are the Mahler symphonies, that is high priority for me :)

Stephen M

Author Level
Just looked at the configuration page and no mention of backlights and from pictures looks not to have them. Would need to check with PCS to be sure.

hogfish

Bronze Level Poster
I have just purchased an Initia 14" notebook. I am using it with Linux (Manjaro), I cannot seem to turn on the keyboard backlight, Before I spend any more time on it, does the model come with a backlit keyboard?
I have just noticed this thread. Form what others have said, it does sound as if you simply don't have a
backlight.

But a simple search in the /sys/class/ directory will often help in this sort of situation.
Something like

$ find /sys/class/ -name "*light*"

may reveal something relevant, although all sorts of other things may show up including the screen backlight.