Does making amendments reset your position in queue?

Yorkmann

Bronze Level Poster
Have seen this posted in a few threads before and wondering if there's any truth to this? I know that if say you didn't have a 3080 selected then you selected one that yes you'd go to the back for that. But I saw someone say this was any amendment that had this effect...

steaky360

Don't believe it does no. I think this has been answered by a PCS admin but I can't find the post.

D

Deleted member 17413

Its not any amendment... far as i'm aware its only preorder stuff.
Ive never had my build put back from making amendments during preproduction, unless it meant waiting on a part.

Yorkmann

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks. this is what I figured it'd mean, that would make the most sense.. Guess people have taken things out of context on other threads. In that case I'll remove my £9 thermal paste from my Corsair cooler and (hopefully) not go to the back :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MrWilson

Godlike
If memory serves there was brief period where amending pre-order components would reset your place in the queue. This was to counteract a loophole people used where they ordered early on last year and delayed dispatch until after Nvidia 3000 series or Ryzen 5000 components were available, and then amending their builds to include their items, thus skipping the long wait times associated with the 3080 and certain Ryzen CPUs. This is no longer the case, amending does not reset your place in the queue, orders are built based on delivery date. Certainly, removing the arctic paste will not affect your place in the queue, and would be what the majority of us would recommend you do. :)