Does PCS accept Irish debit cards like Laser?

Hebus

Hi there,

So I've been trying to pay for a laptop with my Maestro (Laser) debit card and well.. It seems I can't. I got a message saying that my payment couldn't be authorised and that it was probably caused by my card details/address not being entered correctly. I checked everything couple of times and I am pretty sure everything is filled in correctly so I came to conclusion that PCS don't accept cards like Laser. Or is it just me being stupid and not filling in something? Did any of you ever had problems like that?

steaky360

Its possible your bank declined the transaction as PCS is a foreign company? Might be worth giving PCS a call tomorrow and/or calling your bank to make sure they didn't decline the transaction for some reason.

Hebus

I don't think it has to do anything with my bank cancelling the transaction because as soon as I enter my details and press proceed I get an error. I am pretty sure it's one of two. Me not entering something correctly or PCS not accepting my Laser card. I guess I'll have to give them a call tommorrow

Fawkon

Hebus, I had the same issue as you. I'm with AIB and they have only just started rolling out Visa Debit cards which are pretty much identical to laser except they are accepted anywhere with a Visa logo.
If you are with AIB ring up card services and say your laser is not working and they will replace it with the new card.
If you are not with AIB I'm pretty sure your bank will already have a Visa Debit card option and you should request one. Much better than laser.

ThomasM

Is it possible for you to do a bank transfer to PCS im sure that is an acceptable payment method.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
true but anyway il say something constructive PCS do accept bank transfers and drafts as far as im aware unless they have changed something in the 12 months since i saw some czech guy buy a pc.