Does PCS use GPU sag brackets if they're required?

Hi all

I note that the 3080 and its ilk are big, heavy cards, but I don't see a sag bracket as an option on the PCS configurator. Are they used as a standard if you specify a weighty GPU?

Also, do we know if we're able to specify the BRAND of GPU as I understand that some 3080 manufacturers have "cheaped out" on the PCB layout which is causing crashing through electrical interference? Still waiting for RDNA2 or a 20GB 3080 but it's a pertinent general question I think.

Thanks as always!

Kind Regards

Neil

steaky360

The answer to both is no 'as standard'. You can select the ASUS Strix card if you pay for it otherwise you'll get whatever RTX3080 they have in stock, seemingly they've been Zotac's but I think other brands will be used to meet the current demand.

You can easily purchase and fit a sag bracket if you feel you need it though.

Thanks Steaky. When I know what I'm ordering I'll call PCS and ask, I guess. Failing that I can just source my own and fit it. Do you think sag brackets are required here or is it not really an issue?

steaky360

I can confirm you won't be able to select the card unless you pay for the Asus card (thats the only way to do so) - there's been a few folk posting to the forums saying they've spoke to PCS and asked - just figure I'd point it out now so you're not dissapoitned if you intended to try and ask the question.

As for the sag brackets, I've never fit one previosuly to any other GPU I've owned and I've never had a problem. Used to have a GTX690 (~1.8Kg) which is heavier than the founders edition 3080 (~1.35Kg). I never had any problems with sag.

Easy enough to fit after the fact though if when you get your PC you think it would warrant one.

I can confirm you won't be able to select the card unless you pay for the Asus card (thats the only way to do so) - there's been a few folk posting to the forums saying they've spoke to PCS and asked - just figure I'd point it out now so you're not dissapoitned if you intended to try and ask the question.

As for the sag brackets, I've never fit one previosuly to any other GPU I've owned and I've never had a problem. Used to have a GTX690 (~1.8Kg) which is heavier than the founders edition 3080 (~1.35Kg). I never had any problems with sag.

Easy enough to fit after the fact though if when you get your PC you think it would warrant one.

Thanks again. I'll bear all this in mind when I come to order and will either spring for the Strix (ASUS cards seem unaffected by the POS Caps / MLCC Caps debacle). I should also bear in mind, I think, that AIB's might remedy this on the 20GB versions anyway I suppose. And then there's RDNA2 and whether that will be better.

Again, thanks - it's great to have this sounding board / forum and with sensible information readily offered!

Kind Regards

Neil