Dont know who to trust 650w/750w/850w?

JGUK

Hello everyone so today i changed a few things on my PC but now when i look in the show part of my orders the site says : "798W - Consider upgrading your power supply" i have a 750W at the moment. When i changed the spec it actually said that i could get away with a 650W power supply. So what to do? any advice would be great :). This is my amended spec...

Case
NZXT PHANTOM WHITE GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics

Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX™

Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
2GB AMD RADEON™ HD6970 - 2 DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
80GB INTEL® 320 SERIES SSD, SATA 3 Gb/s (upto 270MB/sR | 90MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD10EARX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE

Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86)

Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£16)

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE

Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

Fear

Prolific Poster
Well i just put that above spec on the config and got the below reply, when you make any changes make sure you have not got anything hidden like extra optical drives, GPU's or anything else on there.

1. We've checked your specification for compatibility. Please consider our advice below before proceeding:
  1. We notice that you have selected a 350W power supply, but based on our calculations we recommend you change your selection to a 650W power supply because your computer could require up to 632W of power including a 20% allowance.

JGUK

Thanks for doing that. Nice to know its not just me, cant see what the 100+W what be for... Im sure the 750 will be fine but i think i will call PCS monday just too ask the question. Be nice to know if anyone has similar specs to mine & what power supply they have.

Fear

Prolific Poster
If you stick with the 750W you will have plenty of breathing room for your OC'ing and any extra HDD's or fans you put in.