door lock for tech room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsrz

Rising Star
kinda curious if anyone that has the room that there gaming setup is in locked?

I would assume that most people who have custom gaming setups generally spend over £1k and have some sort of dedicated room for there tech - fair amount of money in a single room.
and I am curious as the whether or not you keep that room locked? I currently have a dedicated tech room with a fair amount of tech in it, but I don't keep it locked.

I would love some opinions on whether or not you think its worth keeping such a room locked when not in use or just leave it as anyone other bedroom unlocked?

looking at youtube setups a lot of them like barnacules have locks on the doors with either a keypad or biometric security.

steaky360

No, its not worthwhile. Basically unless you think your housemates/flatmates/etc. are going to rob you, no its not worth it. You think of the scenario where that lock might be useful, if someone has already broken through your front door / window etc. then they're not going to be bothered by another lock.

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but my advice would be get a better front door/alarm

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Biometric security? It seems not money well spent at least to me. If you wish to lock it just get a standard lock. I guess it depends on your circumstances and living arrangements.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Do you leave stuff switched on, or even powered on when the room is locked? A fire in a locked room would not be good.....

Androcles

Rising Star
Pretty pointless if you live in your own home with family to be honest. Maybe if you're living in a shared house with people you don't trust, but not in your own home, unless you don't trust your own family and friends :p

Din

Silver Level Poster
I personally have a security guard as I felt a lock wasn't enough.

Edit: its more a crack commando unit that was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. I had a problem... no one else could help... and i found them...

Edit 2: and just incase they get past the door I have someone else inside.. someone who doesn't have money. But what they do have are a very particular set of skills, skills that they have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like you...

Edit 3: But apart from this anything else seems over the top.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I personally have a security guard as I felt a lock wasn't enough.

Edit: its more a crack commando unit that was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. I had a problem... no one else could help... and i found them...

Edit 2: and just incase they get past the door I have someone else inside.. someone who doesn't have money. But what they do have are a very particular set of skills, skills that they have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like you...

Edit 3: But apart from this anything else seems over the top.

It would have been cheaper to just get a big dog I think?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Cant be too careful these days

Perhaps you need one of these then?

Terminator-terminator-9683150-1024-576.jpg

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
When I have my own place I'm installing a secret room behind a bookshelf to hide my man-cave. The modern day man's garden shed equivalent!

Din

Silver Level Poster
When I have my own place I'm installing a secret room behind a bookshelf to hide my man-cave. The modern day man's garden shed equivalent!

Just replace a door with a book shelf? or stick a picture of a book shelf on your door.... no one will ever notice

Status
Not open for further replies.