Double checking spec before I buy, opinions?

KaneMac

Enthusiast
Posted a spec ages ago but after some time I have revised some choices. Just wanna ensure choices of hardware will go nicely together, thought I would get ur trusted opinions

h.png
2.png

Case
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache

down_right_arrow.gif
Get Total War: Three Kingdoms & More w/ select Intel CPUs!
Motherboard
ASUS® WS Z390 PRO: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!

down_right_arrow.gif
Get Control & Wolfenstein: Young Blood w/ select GeForce RTX GPUs!
1st Storage Drive
4TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5400RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
512GB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i PRO Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
What's the budget? What does that spec cost?

What are you using it for? What specific software?

if gaming, what monitor are you using? (resolution and refresh rate)

KaneMac

Enthusiast
What's the budget? What does that spec cost?

What are you using it for? What specific software?

if gaming, what monitor are you using? (resolution and refresh rate)

Thanks for reply!
Gaming is the primary use
Spec is £2700
Not spending any more
Monitor I have is perfect for the job, great refresh rate and image quality

polycrac

Rising Star
Monitor I have is perfect for the job, great refresh rate and image quality

But is it a HD (1080p), 2K (1440p) or a 4K monitor? It matters because the GPU you picked is very powerful, if you are gaming on 1080p you wouldn't use that power and could get a more suitable build for less (perhaps enough savings for a better monitor!)

KaneMac

Enthusiast
But is it a HD (1080p), 2K (1440p) or a 4K monitor? It matters because the GPU you picked is very powerful, if you are gaming on 1080p you wouldn't use that power and could get a more suitable build for less (perhaps enough savings for a better monitor!)
Ah I see, Atm I am using an HD1080p monitor but will go 4k soon, just working out which monitor

polycrac

Rising Star
If you can hold off for a bit, I hear that the 2080 Super is coming out soon and its rumoured to be the same price as as the 2080 but with performance closer to the 2080ti. If that's true, the savings would let you get a 4K monitor at the same time.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
32gb RAM is a waste for gaming. 0 benefit to more than 16gb.

What's the budget for your monitor and when are you buying it?

I think the reason we're pressing on the monitor is to make sure the spec 'fits' the screen :)

KaneMac

Enthusiast
If you can hold off for a bit, I hear that the 2080 Super is coming out soon and its rumoured to be the same price as as the 2080 but with performance closer to the 2080ti. If that's true, the savings would let you get a 4K monitor at the same time.
Interesting will have a think on that, tanks for the heads up

KaneMac

Enthusiast
32gb RAM is a waste for gaming. 0 benefit to more than 16gb.

What's the budget for your monitor and when are you buying it?

I think the reason we're pressing on the monitor is to make sure the spec 'fits' the screen :)
I accidentally added 32gb RAM haha, yeah 16gb is plenty. Not sure on budget as off yet but any recommendations are welcome

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The budget needs to be £400-£600 or more to really justify the system. i.e. 4k gsync/compatible or 1440p 144hz gsync/compatible (or 1440p Ultrawide etc)

If you don't have that kind of money for a monitor we need to rebalance the spec so it fits better together. :)

Why the WS mobo?

KaneMac

Enthusiast
The budget needs to be £400-£600 or more to really justify the system. i.e. 4k gsync/compatible or 1440p 144hz gsync/compatible (or 1440p Ultrawide etc)

If you don't have that kind of money for a monitor we need to rebalance the spec so it fits better together. :)

Why the WS mobo?

Yeah that will be in my range. From what I read/told the WS mobo is a solid choice, from what I gathered it will allow to get the best from other hardware, correct me if i'm wrong

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
from what I gathered it will allow to get the best from other hardware
What does that mean, though? :) i.e. in real terms, what does it do for you that another model e.g. Z390-F or even AORUS Master does not?

The WS Pro appears to be an expensive choice costing you ~£100-200 versus alternatives for no benefits.

KaneMac

Enthusiast
What does that mean, though? :) i.e. in real terms, what does it do for you that another model e.g. Z390-F or even AORUS Master does not?

The WS Pro appears to be an expensive choice costing you ~£100-200 versus alternatives for no benefits.
Was misinformed then haha, so Z390-F is the better choice I take it?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Unless there's something you need on the WS Pro, or a different model, that the Z390-F does not provide, the Z390-F seems like like the better buy, yes :)