Downgrading OS

TahaHussain842

Yes, you'd need to buy a new license. They're not compatible from 11 down to 10.

More importantly though, why do you want to downgrade?
I like Windows 10 better as I have been using it for a long time so its perfect for me. Also, could i instead upgrade to windows 11 pro from windows 11 home as OEMs tied to the hardware. I need windows sandbox and it only comes with windows pro versions.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I like Windows 10 better as I have been using it for a long time so its perfect for me. Aren't OEMs tied to the hardware?
It's a windows 11 key, it's not valid for windows 10. It's also pro which isn't compatible with Home, they're 2 different licenses.

When you upgrade for free from an earlier version, the key is updated to that OS version, so it's no longer valid for the previous version. But a windows 11 key doesn't mean you can swap it out for windows 10, it's doesn't work like that. You can upgrade with a license, you can't downgrade or change version types.

But windows 10 is out of support soon. If you're struggling purely with the layout there are loads of legit free tools out there to make it exactly the same as Windows 10 visually.

But with windows 11 it's actually far easier to navigate anyway because the search actually works, so you don't need to navigate menus. That's aside from far better security layer, better performance, and obviously far longer support. You can't use an OS once it goes out of support, well you can but you're entirely open to any attack out there, doesn't matter what AntiVirus you have as the OS itself is completely unprotected. It's like having a top end lock on your front door, surrounded by millions of cameras and a moat with alligators and sharks, but there's a tunnel going under it straight into your basement with no door on it.

Last edited: