DPD strike again

JediMonsoon

Gold Level Poster
So sorry to see. I know what you are going through. Thankfully mine isnt bent like that and I manage to give it a test and I think its ok. Just need the new side panel.

I suspect some on this may be down to they put the pc is the 5000x box and then into another box but the outer box is actually slightly too small for the 5000x box and so that bulges.

Just my speculation.

Rummbler

So sorry to see. I know what you are going through. Thankfully mine isnt bent like that and I manage to give it a test and I think its ok. Just need the new side panel.

I suspect some on this may be down to they put the pc is the 5000x box and then into another box but the outer box is actually slightly too small for the 5000x box and so that bulges.

Just my speculation.
did you have 2 boxes? mine just came in one large not very strong box i did feedback to a manager that both boxes would make much more sense
all my components work fine just needed to change the case

JediMonsoon

Gold Level Poster
did you have 2 boxes? mine just came in one large not very strong box i did feedback to a manager that both boxes would make much more sense
all my components work fine just needed to change the case
Yes. The PC was inside the 5000x case box and then was then put into a slightly larger but not big enough box for the width. I would have expected that there would be more padding like the inflated air packaging etc.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I wonder if the shortage in cardboard that was reported earlier in the year has anything to do with packaging appearing not to be as good as it used to be. I still have the box from my old PCS PC and it is much more substantial than the box this year’s PC arrived in. The old one was packed better as well. My new pc had a polystyrene frame around the case and was then in a quite thin cardboard box, which was ripped around the handle opening. There was no problem with the PC, though.

JediMonsoon

Gold Level Poster
Just to update I received a replacement panel from PCS, delivered by DPD. This time there was so much packaging! The box it was sent in was the same size as the original pc box and packed to the brim with protective packaging! It’s now on and everything is good!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just to update I received a replacement panel from PCS, delivered by DPD. This time there was so much packaging! The box it was sent in was the same size as the original pc box and packed to the brim with protective packaging! It’s now on and everything is good!
Fantastic! Really pleased (y)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That's fantastic news