DRAM_LED Problem - Can't play Battlefield 3?

NAtam

Hi,

When I bought Battlefield 3 recently, i tried to play it on my PC, but it seems that as soon, as I get into the action, my PC fails on me.

Here are my specs:

Case - PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor - AMD PHENOM II X4 965 (3.40GHz) BLACK EDITION
Motherboard - ASUS® M4A87TD (SATA 6.0GB/s)
Memory - 4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)
Graphics Card - Asus 1GB GeForce GTX 560TI DirectCUII
HDD - 1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
PSU - 600W

When I start the game, almost a minute into combat, my screen goes black, and my monitor says that there is no signal. In my computer, on the motherboard, the DRAM_LED light shows up. My computer is stilling running at the time, all of the fans are going. MemOK doesn't seem to be helping either, all it does is restart the computer and the problem still continues whenever I play a game. It also gives me a BIOS message, but I don't really know much about BIOS.

I guess it should be mentioned that I recently bought and installed the new graphics card and PSU. But I'm pretty sure that this is not the problem.

I've tried many things, I have taken out the RAM sticks and ordered them in every way possible, and I even called up Amazon and replaced my Graphics Card with a brand new one... but still not luck.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated. PLEASE HELP. I am not very computer-smart, so I would not be able do do something like take apart a CPU.

Thanks

NAtam

The temperatures stay about the same, so I don't think that overheating is the problem,

Also, would you like me to film it so that you can actually see what happens?

paul1224

If the issue only occurs when you are playing the game have you made sure that the drivers for the card are updated via the manufacturers website?

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
OK with BSOD, it normally has this

It will tell you which file has caused the issue

It will tell you the driver at fault

It may suggest that newly installed drivers or components have caused the problem.

I would install the latest drivers first and foremost.

In the BSOD message at the bottom it says technical information.

We need a picture of the BIOS message, I mean I can't help you but it's all part of learning when someone else comes on here and fixes it :)

NAtam

OK with BSOD, it normally has this

I didn't get a blue screen of death ever on my computer, so I cant tell you what it says.

I've attached a file, which shows the MemOK/BIOS message, but is you cant see it, then here is
what it says:

MemOK! succeeds in system booting!
Enter BIOS setup menu and save the memory settings,
or visit ASUS website (www.asus.com) for latest BIOS version.
Press F1 to Resume

Also I have the latest graphics drivers and the graphics driver from nvidia for Battlefield 3, and Battlefield 3 ins not the only game causing me trouble.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Have you got windows update turned on?

or try running a virus scan, may not help but it wouldnt hurt if nothing else works.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
kinda sounds like a power issue to me, as it ramps up and demands more power, either cus the fans are running faster/ gpu needing more power etc you power supply may be failing on you causing the instant black screen.

NAtam

kinda sounds like a power issue to me, as it ramps up and demands more power, either cus the fans are running faster/ gpu needing more power etc you power supply may be failing on you causing the instant black screen.

But I checked PCS by filling out the build a PC with my specs and instead putting a GTX 560TI and it said that I only need 527 Watts of power including, the 20% allowance. I have a 600W PSU

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
But I checked PCS by filling out the build a PC with my specs and instead putting a GTX 560TI and it said that I only need 527 Watts of power including, the 20% allowance. I have a 600W PSU

Yeah but there may be a problem with your power supply thats what I meant.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Yep just called up PCS, my PSU was broken :( NEVER use dodgy brands, I think I'll stick with Corsair. Thanks for the help

Well even unbranded PSU are normally fine, even corsair PSUs will have their problems. But glad its getting sorted