Dream Build - Nightmare Delivery

LDC

I would assume he’d keep his Strix allocation though surely? So probably only say... two weeks to rebuild the rest. 5800X sounds ideal for this build.
However it would not be an amendment at this point, it would be a cancellation and reorder - thus back to the end of the queue I believe

Though as said the build will be perfectly fine, maybe not as good as it could've been but it will still have no issues.
That would be nice, but I doubt it. It would take a kind hearted soul at PCS to make that happen I think. A return is simply that, a return. It won't be an exchange so it would be the end of that particular purchase/contract.

A new build would be a new transaction I would guess.

I doubt I will be sending it back, but seeing as I have not powered it up yet (waiting for it to aclimatise and dry out anything that may have internal moisture) after the soggy mess of a delivery disaster, that may be a moot point if I find out it does not work when I do.

I'm more grateful for the knowledge gained, as I did have a largish budget for the build, so to find out how it could have been better spent is educational. I do have a historical preference for Intel, through my first hand gaming experience and friends previous issues with AMD, so this definitey influenced my choice at the time.

I have looked at the CPU benchmarks since reading all this and indeed AMD seems king at the moment, but I was pleased to see that I was not bottom of the pile, nor in the middle, so that although I may have chosen better, it is not quite the monumental disaster I had been imagining.

1615822754486.png

Regardless, next time, I will be posting a spec on the forum FIRST and making sure I have it checked before ordering :).

Thank you for all the information and advice, much appreciated.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Keep in mind that the 10980XE in that chart is overclocked to 4.8. Stock it runs 4.6. I wouldn't go too far with overclocking on the 18 core chip. It'll take a lot of volts to get there. But yes, it'll run fine. Notice the $300 5600X mentioned ;)

LDC

Keep in mind that the 10980XE in that chart is overclocked to 4.8. Stock it runs 4.6. I wouldn't go too far with overclocking on the 18 core chip. It'll take a lot of volts to get there.
Oo, I didn't notice that, thanks!

Ash_

Master Poster
I doubt I will be sending it back, but seeing as I have not powered it up yet (waiting for it to aclimatise and dry out anything that may have internal moisture) after the soggy mess of a delivery disaster, that may be a moot point if I find out it does not work when I do.

I'm more grateful for the knowledge gained, as I did have a largish budget for the build, so to find out how it could have been better spent is educational. I do have a historical preference for Intel, through my first hand gaming experience and friends previous issues with AMD, so this definitey influenced my choice at the time.

I have looked at the CPU benchmarks since reading all this and indeed AMD seems king at the moment, but I was pleased to see that I was not bottom of the pile, nor in the middle, so that although I may have chosen better, it is not quite the monumental disaster I had been imagining.

View attachment 23714

Regardless, next time, I will be posting a spec on the forum FIRST and making sure I have it checked before ordering :).

Thank you for all the information and advice, much appreciated.
The differences are only proportionally minor. It seems like a pretty high end, well balanced build. If say you specced a 5950x with 8gb of 2400mhz ram on a b450, that is when we’d be worried. That build should still be a great machine.

We just could have squeezed a bit more out of that budget 🤪

Reactions: LDC

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Happy to report that after leaving it for 7 ish hours, it did not blow up when I finally powered it on :).

All looks good so far.

(loving the CPU temp readout you can see through the glass).
I'm so pleased!!! Really pleased for you, and that you've let PCS know about the issues, if anything should go awry, PCS know the situation.

Such good news (y)

D

Deleted member 41971

Happy to report that after leaving it for 7 ish hours, it did not blow up when I finally powered it on :).

All looks good so far.

(loving the CPU temp readout you can see through the glass).

looks great, from experience PCS are normally good at solving any problems if any arise, :)

LDC

Excellent follow up phone call from PCS today, which I wasn't expecting, but was very welcome.

They let me know how seriously they were taking this incident and what steps they had already taken, since I reported it yesterday, to make sure it never happens to anyone else.
They also wished to refund me, but still cover me, for my extended warranties I purchased, which was a very welcome surprise and enables me to be free of concern in case any longer term problem rears its head due to the delivery handlling.

All in all and excellent response to the situation that leaves me very happy!

Thank you PCS, great service.

1615910816718.png

Scottmask

Silver Level Poster
Excellent follow up phone call from PCS today, which I wasn't expecting, but was very welcome.

They let me know how seriously they were taking this incident and what steps they had already taken, since I reported it yesterday, to make sure it never happens to anyone else.
They also wished to refund me, but still cover me, for my extended warranties I purchased, which was a very welcome surprise and enables me to be free of concern in case any longer term problem rears its head due to the delivery handlling.

All in all and excellent response to the situation that leaves me very happy!

Thank you PCS, great service.

View attachment 23757
and this here is why you choose PCS ladies and gentlemen!