driver error maybe ?????

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
hi guys, i have my pc on my tv connected through hdmi . i also have sky and my blureay player connected through hdmi as well. if im watching sky for example and then press the remote to go to pc channel i have no sound from the pc hdmi input, i have to unplug the hdmi from the tv and plug it back in and then i get the sound. this does not happen when i go from sky to dvd for example, its only when i select the pc input . i have chasnged round the hdmi inputs on tv and whatever hdmi socket i put the pc input in, its the same. could this be be a driver issue as im sure i have latest drivers. or could it be a cable issue .not really sure myself, any thoughts be good :)

ThomasM

Right click the volume control at bottom right of your screen, select playback devices and on there you will see your tv and some realtek digital outputs. You want to right click on your tv and select 'set as default device' that should remedy the problem, i had the same one and it worked for me :)

baron75mk2

Banned
could be the sample format , for some strange reason my tv will do the same thing (sony bravia 55") , if i set it to the usual 16bit cd audio , i get a lag before the sound registers after an event , but if i select 24bit 48khz studio quality , this issue goes away.

(note: some older games don't like this sample rate , so if a game gives you sound issues default sound settings back to 16 bit before any other troubleshooting)

Also sometimes sound settings on the TV can cause this , like for example simulated surround etc , try turning anything like this off & see if there is a difference.

Take a look around the TV settings for anything that could affect this in the way of sound processing .