Dual drives vs. mSATA

I'm currently making preparations for a laptop to replace my current. I have most of the components picked, but the one decision I've not made is which hard drive to pick.

I've not used an mSATA cache drive before, and I'd like to know how such small storage (compared to a larger HDD or SSD is offset by any benefits they bring.

I have been informed that Western Digital drives are currently the most reliable on the market, and I wouldn't mind picking the WD black dual drive 120gb and 1tb option. Its about a £30 increase on a 750gb HDD (7200rpm) and a 60gb cache, but I would be very grateful to learn which you think is best.

I gather that the cache could store the OS files to free up more storage and memory, but how can I be sure it will install there and not the main drive? I've never shifted around windows files before.

Sorry for the limited details, but until I get my new laptop, I'm stuck on an RSI-inducing mobile screen.

Cadwah

Rising Star
From what I understand a cache drive isn't used the same way as an SSD.

The SSD would be used to contain your whole OS, main programs and some games. This means that the programs on the SSD load quicker and are more responsive.
The cache drive is a way to speed up your system by allowing the commonly used files to be stored there temporarily, the OS, programs and games are installed on the HDD.

Of the two options, I would go for the Dual drive, it's well worth it even if you just count the extra storage you get for that £30.