Due to poor sales, GPU prices are starting to meaningfully come down

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Worth a watch, we're seeing some proper GPU price reductions starting to hit from the top tier down.

The RTX4060 and 4060ti saw price drops pretty much immediately after release due to literally no-one buying them (well done all of us!)

AMD have done the same, even dropping prices very last minute before release meaning that reviewers had to completely redo their reviews at the new price point.

Both NVidia and AMD have behaved incredibly poorly with this generation, when you have the RTX4080 and 4090 so far ahead of the 3000 series in performance and then as you start going down the chain, the performance is barely better than previous gen, while the entire range is priced hundreds above 3000 series (which were already overpriced)

This is great, what happened during the pandemic was absolute madness and these big companies made record profits while the world reeled, they literally held us all to ransom. The fact they don't appear to be getting away with it this generation is heartwarming and serious pat on the back to everyone.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Worth a watch, we're seeing some proper GPU price reductions starting to hit from the top tier down.

The RTX4060 and 4060ti saw price drops pretty much immediately after release due to literally no-one buying them (well done all of us!)

AMD have done the same, even dropping prices very last minute before release meaning that reviewers had to completely redo their reviews at the new price point.

Both NVidia and AMD have behaved incredibly poorly with this generation, when you have the RTX4080 and 4090 so far ahead of the 3000 series in performance and then as you start going down the chain, the performance is barely better than previous gen, while the entire range is priced hundreds above 3000 series (which were already overpriced)

This is great, what happened during the pandemic was absolute madness and these big companies made record profits while the world reeled, they literally held us all to ransom. The fact they don't appear to be getting away with it this generation is heartwarming and serious pat on the back to everyone.

thank goodness,

Nvidia seemed the worst, I mean, some of those prices 🤬

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
thank goodness,

Nvidia seemed the worst, I mean, some of those prices 🤬
I won't be buying NVidia for a long time based on how they've been with the RTX range. I was suckered by the 2000 series, RTX to me seemed like such a major accomplishment.

But the fact they made record profits over the pandemic by selling to miners exclusively at just rediculously inflated prices was criminal, nothing short of criminal. The fact they then went on to copy that ethos out of the pandemic was just brazen sociopathy. These people have no souls. There has to be more to successful enterprises than profits.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
I won't be buying NVidia for a long time based on how they've been with the RTX range. I was suckered by the 2000 series, RTX to me seemed like such a major accomplishment.

But the fact they made record profits over the pandemic by selling to miners exclusively at just rediculously inflated prices was criminal, nothing short of criminal. The fact they then went on to copy that ethos out of the pandemic was just brazen sociopathy. These people have no souls. There has to be more to successful enterprises than profits.

saw this

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
whats your thoughts on the amd graphics cards? seem better priced for what you get than nvidia,
Hardware wise they're fantastic.

Ray tracing and FidelityFX performance definitely is behind NVidia, but because you can far more afford the higher end cards, you can overshoot the performance and still have a strong Ray tracing card. The DLSS definitely isn't up to scratch yet, but I have high hopes and again, there isn't so much need for it due to price vs performance.

Driver wise, they definitely have improved generation on generation after the catastrophic RX5000 series, but you still need far more technical know how to be able to troubleshoot driver issues.

I'm dead set on the RX7900XT or XTX for my G9, I'm really looking forward to it and tend not to buy games until they're a few years old (starfield may well be an exception) so in the main I should be able to get away with running older more stable drivers.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Hardware wise they're fantastic.

Ray tracing and FidelityFX performance definitely is behind NVidia, but because you can far more afford the higher end cards, you can overshoot the performance and still have a strong Ray tracing card. The DLSS definitely isn't up to scratch yet, but I have high hopes and again, there isn't so much need for it due to price vs performance.

Driver wise, they definitely have improved generation on generation after the catastrophic RX5000 series, but you still need far more technical know how to be able to troubleshoot driver issues.

I'm dead set on the RX7900XT or XTX for my G9, I'm really looking forward to it and tend not to buy games until they're a few years old (starfield may well be an exception) so in the main I should be able to get away with running older more stable drivers.

i quite like the look of that amd 7900 xtx, i see amazon are doing the asus tuf for just under £300 pounds off