Dust

Otone

Gold Level Poster
Now i have my pc there are a few bits that have no dust filters. I want to get on that as my room gets incredibly dusty. (its crazy)

64402ff8.jpg

0939a165.jpg

00d3d38b.jpg

Here are the gaps. I don't think side fans would be needed just something to stop dust from coming in.

help?

PS would these be ok?

there magnetic?!

http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/htpccases/qpc-filters

Teaz

Godlike
looking from it, i think they are fine. i dont think your back exhuast needs one however as that is exhuasting and not intake. if you blocked it with a dust filter, you trapping dust in that is inside the case and restricting airflow. the mesh is already restricting a lil bit amount of airflow, if you popped a filter on there, it will restrict it even more. just cover the other 3.

i have no experience with these filters but i dont see why they cant work.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i think you are better off with no filters and a can of compressed air, would provide much better cooling imo

Rizzo

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I have these filters, they're really good as you can take them apart and wash (I use that term loosly!) them with ease. It saves dust busting it with canned air, but I also do that because I'm sad like that!

yeah i recently got a few aswell, great at stopping dust, but i found it really slowed airflow.

Stappa

Enthusiast
I've removed my filters as the soon block with dust(allowing no air in) and it takes a while to remove/clean them......I use a electric compressor(no air tank) to clean my system every 3 months or so(the ones u use for inflatables etc)? cans of com air/tank compressors need a pro moisture filter if u use them to clean electrical kit

Last edited: