Ea Games dont Work?

Zeeqo

Bronze Level Poster
So the other day Game had a deal going on for 3 games for £10, so I picked up 2x Bad Company 2 (one for my mate) and Crysis 2

Bad Company 2 will not patch, even un/reinstalled mutiple times and even downloaded the manual patch twice, still no luck
and even Crysis 2 has an error when patching for me and i just cant be assed to find a way around it

Any help? Thanks

Zeeqo

Bronze Level Poster
No through Game, so they are DVD's. I would of got it on Steam but it was either pay £5 in Game or £15 in steam..

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No through Game, so they are DVD's. I would of got it on Steam but it was either pay £5 in Game or £15 in steam..

See if you can add the codes to steam and download it from there or if not, through origin. They'll probably have moved all the servers to origin now as game dvd's are no longer supplied AFAIK. Think it's now all downloaded through Origin (EA).

Last edited:

Zeeqo

Bronze Level Poster
I have tried the keys on Steam but not origin, I shall have a look later :) Thank you

DEK

EA games are played through the Origin client (unfortunately). I play BFBC2 online through it and it works perfectly :D

Zeeqo

Bronze Level Poster
Okay guys, so I tried downloading origin, got through the set up and everything and then half way through the update BAM it says fail,

Tries to get me to attempt downloading the full thing and then that fails too

EA hates me :(

tom_gr7

Life Serving
EA hates everyone my friend.... no wait, hang on a sec that's not right... Everyone hates EA....

try a fresh download of origin from here - https://www.origin.com/en-gb/download (Click Download Origin for PC)

You will have to either sign in with an existing EA/Origin account or a create a new one. Then you can register the games to your account. If you get problems doing this let me know or Wozza a shout, sometimes EA can be a little funny with Older retail DVD codes. I think I had to go through EA US live chat service to get a few games put on my account. - which is a right sodding pain by the way.

Zeeqo

Bronze Level Poster
So uninstalled my current Origin, re-downloaded it and and it just says error again, just gonna buy it on steam this is ridiculous now haha

Androcles

Rising Star
I think I had to go through EA US live chat service to get a few games put on my account. - which is a right sodding pain by the way.

You're so right there, I had to deal with them recently because my email company closed down and I had to change the email, and of course with origin your email is your username so you can't change it yourself, it was a nightmare.

Keedar

Expert
I do not know what you're doing but I never I had no problems with the origin and never had to use the live chat service. Maybe with you is something wrong :) From what I know the old games, not whose origin is not in the library can be downloaded and activated. This includes games such as LOTR Battle of the Middle Earth II.

Zeeqo

Bronze Level Poster
I know what i'm doing haha im generally quite good on computers, but it's just a bit irritating when you buy a game and can't play it and none of the downloads / installs seem to work for me. I have loads of other games on my computer but it's just these 2 from EA that have caused me problems