Echo with sound on Optimus VIII / Realtek HD

spooky23

Hi. Sound issues out of nowhere. Noticed it this morning watching You Tube. Laptop arrived last week and is working perfectly.

I've Googled and found this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...io-output-if-it-is-not-a-sound-effect.178881/

Have tried this:

"I had the same echoey issue and mine was resolved with making sure the windows sample rate was the same as the Realtek HD sample rate. Both should be set to 16bit 48000Hz. Go to Control Panel > Sound > Speakers (Realtek Audio Device) > Properties > Advanced then select the above sample rate from the drop-down menu and apply. In the Realtek Menu (click on speaker icon in bottom right of Windows) Select the Default Format tab then make sure the same sample rate is listed in that drop-down menu."

Hasn't solved it.

Anyone have any ideas what else to test/change?

Thanks

Last edited:

spooky23

Aaaaaaand I've fixed it. Typical. Post a thread on a forum and then 10 minutes later resolve it yourself.

Looks like it might have had something to do with Cinema 3. Disabled all the options and it's fixed (even though I've enabled all of them again and it's working fine). Will however persist with using headphones rather than rely on the internal speakers if I'm after better clarity.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Glad you got it fixed - hope it's not one of those where as soon as you post the fix it too stops working :)

And credit for posting back up with the solution.