Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

RogueTainer

Bronze Level Poster
Hi everyone, i'm looking into buying this game ive heard a lot of good things about it already, have any of you already bought the game if so what are your experiences of it, like any bug issues for example?
Also is it worth buying the Download version through Steam or getting the disc
I'd appreciate the feedback :D

Flucky

If I could go back in time I would have left buying it until the price went down. It's a good game, but I thought it got a little monotonous.

Rakk

The Awesome
Well, I only got it for Christmas, so I haven't played it much, but I'm enjoying it so far.

I got the DVD version of the game, but on the back it did state you needed a Steam account for it*, so I just entered the CD key into Steam and it worked from there (after it has downloaded everything).
Got a nice map in the DVD box :)

*but I don't actually know whether it would force you to use Steam or not, it may have installed fine just from the DVD without Steam.

Last edited:

Fear

Prolific Poster
Well, I only got it for Christmas, so I haven't played it much, but I'm enjoying it so far.

I got the DVD version of the game, but on the back it did state you needed a Steam account for it*, so I just entered the CD key into Steam and it worked from there (after it has downloaded everything).
Got a nice map in the DVD box :)

*but I don't actually know whether it would force you to use Steam or not, it may have installed fine just from the DVD without Steam.

Really good game if you like free roam and about 300+ hours of enjoyment so highly recommended from me, as for the DVD version if you don't already have steam it will install it and then you have to make an account or if you already have an account it will open steam and install it straight from the disc (quickest way) if you are lucky you might still get the map with the DVD version as i read somewhere these were only going to be released with the first batch lastly you will probably find it cheaper to get the disc version GAME have put the price back up to £29.99 they had it for £19.99 before xmas and the price on Amazon changes between £28.?? - £29.?? think it is about £34.99 on steam.

Rakk

The Awesome
you will probably find it cheaper to get the disc version GAME have put the price back up to £29.99 they had it for £19.99 before xmas and the price on Amazon changes between £28.?? - £29.?? think it is about £34.99 on steam.

Well I found it at Tesco's for £21.21 :) (this was a week before Xmas)
Yes, I was sent out to get my own Xmas pressies, it made sure I got the right thing :)

Last edited:

Fear

Prolific Poster
Well I found it at Tesco's for £21.21 :) (this was a week before Xmas)
Yes, I was sent out to get my own Xmas pressies, it made sure I got the right thing :)

Bargain should have bought 2 at that price ;)

Out you mean outside :eek: i thought the internet was invented to avoid these situations and games so we can venture out without leaving the comfort of the gaming chair :D

TheKeir

Bright Spark
I thought it was great, in Game it was £22 before christmas but I didn't buy it since I thought I was going to get it as a present... ended up with me having to buy it for £45 after christmas >.<

It's a good game, but the main quest is shockingly short. I had completed the main quest after 8 hours play time, and in that time I had gone off to do other things aswell. It feels a much smaller game than Oblivion, to be honest - but that doesn't stop it being good fun.

I'd wait till the price goes down, to be honest, but it's definitely worth getting.

Edit: I've now completed the Dark Brotherhood quest line and the war quest line. The Dark Brotherhood is really cool, in my opinion considerably cooler than the Oblivion one. The new 'war' quest line is really awesome - you pick a side, either Stormcloaks (Nords) or Imperials. You then capture bases around the world and attack enemy forts, and eventually cities.

I've had the game for a week and a half now, and I haven't played much more than a couple hours each day (on 20 hours played time currently), but I have pretty much finished all the interesting things to do in the game, eg getting married, buying all the houses in the game, done all the main quests, etc. The game feels much more modern than Oblivion, but it feels much smaller. It hasn't lived up to my expectations, unfortunately. I don't not recommend it, since it is a good, fun game - until you complete it. That's the problem I had with Oblivion, too - once I had completed it (which I only managed after about 100 hours of playtime) there was not much else to do.

In short, Oblivion gave me 100 hours of enjoyment; Skyrim have me 20.

Last edited:

oli090

Enthusiast
xD malaria, loved far cry 2 golden ak <3 also skyrim is better to get on download.

Last edited by a moderator: