Elimina Pro 15 Questions

Bhuna50

Author Level
Live chat:

"Ok so, Im afraid NO there is no support for 2.5" in this case.
Due to the size of the battery, the confusion comes from that the chassis have rom for a 2.5" drive with an AMD processor, but not INTE, hope that makes sense 🙂"

That will be why its no longer listed on the Elimina 15" at the moment then.

My Opt Pro XI was similar but the other way around - with AMD there was no room, with Intel there was room for a 2.5"

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Umph, that wasn't clear by PCS actually
I'm hearing about people that had their order stuck cause of a SATA 2.5 in it (it was possibile to add a SATA in the order few days ago)
Not really happy to hear that, i wanted to upgrade my laptop storage with at least 2TB of Barracuda 2.5 o_O
Yes it was, it's in the Detailed Specification section on the website for the Elimina Pro 15.6. It says this...

Hard Drive Capacity
M.2 Port 2 x M.2 2280 SSD Ports, 1 x WLAN M.2 2230

No mention of SATA ports at all.

The Elimina Pro 17.3 say this...
Hard Drive Capacity
Hard Drive Type 1 x 7mm, 2.5" S-ATA HDD support

M.2 Port 2 x M.2 2280 SSD Ports, 1 x WLAN M.2 2230

Be sure to read everything before ordering.....

Macco26

Expert
Problem is that those specifications on the website for the 17 size seem wrong. Live chat confirmed the mistake. The 17 size can't mount any 2.5" SATA drive (at least the Intel variant, the only one currently being sold).

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Problem is that those specifications on the website for the 17 size seem wrong. Live chat confirmed the mistake. The 17 size can't mount any 2.5" SATA drive (at least the Intel variant, the only one currently being sold).
Ah. Then PCS need to be told.

Bhuna50

Author Level
PCS have removed all options from the drop down box so you can no longer select a 2.5" drive with the Intel build.

@ubuysa - what they need to be told though is to amend the Detailed spec page to say that its only available with AMD (if that is correct of course). I assume they have left the configurator as it is ready for when they do have AMD processors in so you can then still select a 2.5" drive with that chassis.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
PCS have removed all options from the drop down box so you can no longer select a 2.5" drive with the Intel build.

@ubuysa - what they need to be told though is to amend the Detailed spec page to say that its only available with AMD (if that is correct of course). I assume they have left the configurator as it is ready for when they do have AMD processors in so you can then still select a 2.5" drive with that chassis.
It needs someone who knows what they're on about to let them know where there are website errors. :)

Macco26

Expert
Consider that this applies with the Ionico: hardware has a MUX switch, old BIOS allowed it (proof some people here benchmarked with it). But newer BIOS (which incidentally I received) of Late february does lock down this setting... :mad:

Rokas

Consider that this applies with the Ionico: hardware has a MUX switch, old BIOS allowed it (proof some people here benchmarked with it). But newer BIOS (which incidentally I received) of Late february does lock down this setting... :mad:
This was pretty much the only reason I was going to order Ionico over Elimina Pro, as it's supposedly has a MUX switch, but now I might as well just go for Elimina Pro. It does have 115W GPU right?

Is there any big advantage of taking a magnesium alloy chassis over an aluminium one? other than weight and design. I know it may be a personal choice but from a technical standpoint, is the difference worth 150 euros? Also, from previous comments, I assume the Elimina Pro also doesn't have a MUX switch option.