Elite Dangerous

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hey guys,

Picked up Elite Dangerous at the weekend. Anyone else playing this?

Its pretty awesome, slow going at the start but im finding that quite good as it lets me get used to the controls etc.

Ordered a webcam to try out the headtracking and also thinking about getting a flight stick but the m&k controls are pretty awesome to be honest.

TheGSL

Silver Level Poster
I've been playing it since beta last year, a tremendous game. A lot of halfwits complaining about
it, in truth it's not perfect, but the original wasn't either. It is well worth sticking with. It's got a fairly
steep learning curve, so read a guide or two if necessary, or ask away with any questions.

Mordant

Silver Level Poster
I backed it as soon as it was on kickstarter but until I got my Vortex at the start of this year I couldn't play it.

I still haven't had chance to do more than the tutorial missions, not enough free time what with the kids, full time job and band.

I've got friends who play and I'd love to join up for some multiplayer, oh well, one day.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Yeah its awesome, i did a few of the training missions but couldn't beat the Sidewinder Battle so just jumped into the game. Guess im a Trader not a fighter :D

Its beautiful and almost has a therapeutic feel to it when playing.

One thing i have noticed is the fight for docking space. Most sites only have about 3 ports and a lot of users seem to sit on the launchpad for a long time. When your mission only has 5 mintutes remaining its kind of a pain but theres always solo mode if your running short of time.

steaky360

I'm a bit huffed I've not received a steam key :( I'd much prefer it to be on steam (mostly so I can ignore it like many of my other games on steam) but I often forget I have it installed as its a different program (ie not steam) - I know I can add it in... but that often fails probably because I'm a doofus.

Very fun though and imo extra fun with a flight stick! Although I've not played it since it was in Beta - its hopefully gotten even better since then :)

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I'm a bit huffed I've not received a steam key :( I'd much prefer it to be on steam (mostly so I can ignore it like many of my other games on steam) but I often forget I have it installed as its a different program (ie not steam) - I know I can add it in... but that often fails probably because I'm a doofus.

Very fun though and imo extra fun with a flight stick! Although I've not played it since it was in Beta - its hopefully gotten even better since then :)

Someone else asked the question on the forums and they came back saying "Stay tuned" which i translate as, its coming soon, i hope.

LFFPicard

Godlike
I am still undecided. My friend plays it and loves it, he just got enough capitol together to head to the outer rim.
The issue I have is a lot of people are saying because it is so vast you seldom run into anyone outside the starting systems. I normally don't mind this but for the type of game it is I wouldn't mind some company!

I think I shall stick to Eve for now :)

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I've had it since the kickstarter.

I gave it a rest until more updates came and I started playing it only yesterday.

Love the game. Takes a while to get an income.

I have another ship I can play with and I have no idea how to switch to it.

I'm using an xbox 360 controller.

Last edited:

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I am still undecided. My friend plays it and loves it, he just got enough capitol together to head to the outer rim.
The issue I have is a lot of people are saying because it is so vast you seldom run into anyone outside the starting systems. I normally don't mind this but for the type of game it is I wouldn't mind some company!

I think I shall stick to Eve for now :)

I haven't ran into anyone from when I started the game again yesterday :)