Elite/Star Wars Squadrons and Flight sims

GarethD

Once I have had Amazon delivery I will pop out to Curry's. But has mentioned I will not buy anything there. Their after sales service sucks. All the help is appreciated.

Gavras

Master Poster
@GarethD have you also got a decent joystick

at moment there are sales on Steam and Epic, even though you do not have a PC, it may be worth taking advantage of any savings.

if setting up Steam and Epic accounts make sure you use 2FA.

Elite £4.99 on Steam

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4289418

GarethD

Isn't that a bit naughty.. and people why the high street is dying, happy to use Curry's to window shop but not buy from them.. ;)

(I'm only joking, I do the same, but it does make you feel sorry for Bricks and Mortar stores, Online should have to pay more rates really to compensate)

Anyway, staying on track a 144hz monitor is the only way to go really with your budget/build
Where I live used to have two or three independent shops that built PC's but long gone. As for Curry's if their after sales service was has good as the staff in the store I would buy from them.

GarethD

Oh forgot, Garvas, went with what you suggested with a couple of changes due to PCS being out of stock, changed the graphic to a 6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 - HDMI, DP - VR Ready! a wee bit more and changed the PSU to a slightly cheaper one. Teach me for dithering. Now to twiddle my thumbs till it arrives.

GarethD

CORSAIR 450W CV SERIES™ CV-450 POWER SUPPLY, new total just a little outside my budget. but that is what plastic is for.

The help of those who contributed is appreciated.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
CORSAIR 450W CV SERIES™ CV-450 POWER SUPPLY, new total just a little outside my budget. but that is what plastic is for.

The help of those who contributed is appreciated.
Recommended minimum power supply for the 2060 is 500w so we would recommend a 650

Gavras

Master Poster
HI, oh, I didn't get a warning from the website, I'll give their tech team a ring. Cheers for the heads up
One of reasons the 750w was selected was to allow in say 3 years when you fancy a 3060 Ti, you can simply fit the card, rather than pain of upgrading PSU

GarethD

Cheers Martin and Garvas, upgraded to a 650w PSU. Thankfully the PC the will arrive after I next get paid, I can use that to buy a new monitor. Again, appreciate the advice.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Got the new pc, estimated download time for Elite Dangerous, 15hrs, my connection appears to be a slow.
Hiya, can I confirm is this the wifi card that you ordered?

WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD

If so we've had a lot of issues with it recently due to bad drivers provided by windows update. I can talk you through installing the correct drivers if that's the card you've got?

D

Deleted member 17413

Got the new pc, estimated download time for Elite Dangerous, 15hrs, my connection appears to be a slow.

Be interesting to see how you get on with Elite Dangerous, I bought it myself but it got quite complex!
Not sure i'm qualified to be a spaceship captain lol

D

Deleted member 17413

I passed flight training, then got to the bit about setting up (decided to go courier route to start) and then got totally confused with navigation and mission.... felt a bit like I was in an exam!

Not my style of game, felt more like I was doing an actual job...but then, its a sim, so I suppose its meant to?

GarethD

Hiya, can I confirm is this the wifi card that you ordered?

WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD

If so we've had a lot of issues with it recently due to bad drivers provided by windows update. I can talk you through installing the correct drivers if that's the card you've got?
Hi, I purchased the 'ASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WiFi (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!'