Enigma II Keyboard/some other massive problem

boneill

Hi guys,

Just turned my laptop on for the first time in over a month and had a few issues.

First off the monitor didn't even turn on, so the thing is on, but there were no lights anywhere. I restarted a few times till I got it working and then it had the same keyboard issue I've had before. Where the laptop gets stuck on certain keys, so if I'm typing and hit a b, b will get stuck on the OS and I get a hundred b's in a row. Also things like hitting the space cause the capslock to go one and often I type and nothing actually comes up. It'd done the typing thing before but I just used patience to get around it. I just reinstalled Windows 7 on it, when I got to the enter CD key part it had the same problem. At least the monitor is coming on most times now :)

Any ideas?

Brendan

paul1224

I had this issue with a laptop once and the culprit was a poorly seated connection from the motherboard to the monitor/keyboard to the motherboard.
I had to reseat the cable and it fixed the problem, the pain is (depending on the laptop) getting to the cables that connect the monitor/keyboard.
If it is under warranty may be worth waiting to see if a PCS member answers your thread or give their after sales line a call.

boneill

Thanks for the advice!

I called PCS support and they sorted me out. Sent the manual for how to take the thing apart. I reattached the keyboard to the motherboard (after an infuriatingly long time of playing with the tiniest component) and now it works like new. Just reinstalling all the drivers again... :(

Brendan