Enigma IV - Disc drive opening on reboot

PedramK

I just got my engima iv laptop and i noticed straight out of the box that the disc drive keeps ejecting on reboot. There is no disc in the drive.

Any clues whats going on? i had a quick look in the bios but there is no option for this so im a bit lost.

thanks!

also, are there any diagrams or guides on how to install an SSD?

paul1224

Have either of you gone into Control Panel - Device Manager and uninstalled the CD Drive then re-booted?

This would make windows re-configure the hardware and load the default drivers and can sometimes stop these querks happening.

bsm2k1

Have either of you gone into Control Panel - Device Manager and uninstalled the CD Drive then re-booted?

This would make windows re-configure the hardware and load the default drivers and can sometimes stop these querks happening.

Thanks for the advice - I just did this and unfortunately its still happening. Any other ideas?

PedramK

oh no. ill give the driver re-install a go, but from what bsm2k1 is saying sounds like it might not help...worth a try tho!

fingers crossed.

Also, do you guys know about my second question by any chance? if there is a simple guide or something about how to install an ssd? or even how to replace the disc drive?

cheers.

Pagey

Bright Spark
One thing you could try, not sure about it voiding any warranties though:

Remove then re-insert the optical drive physically, most optical drives that I'm aware of are only held in with a single screw, (obviously you'd need to do this while the laptop is off and the battery removed.)

I only own the Optimus IV, so I'm not too sure how much it differs mechanically from the Enigma IV.