enlarging png files please help?

Bsrz

Rising Star
Hi all, I have spent the past 2 days creating a ton of new icons for all my applications. I have just converted all the pngs to .icon and when I applied them to my current icons they are tiny :L what is the best way to re size png files so I can re convert them into proper sized icons?

thanks!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all, I have spent the past 2 days creating a ton of new icons for all my applications. I have just converted all the pngs to .icon and when I applied them to my current icons they are tiny :L what is the best way to re size png files so I can re convert them into proper sized icons?

thanks!

What are you using to convert them to icons? When you save as an icon it should give you parameters to set the icon size, 32 x 32 is pretty much the standard.

Bsrz

Rising Star
What are you using to convert them to icons? When you save as an icon it should give you parameters to set the icon size, 32 x 32 is pretty much the standard.

im using a website called coverticon - http://converticon.com/ - it gives my options for the different sizes but they always turn out the same size. - I created them in Photoshop so im guessing I have got the actual size wrong within Photoshop.

also while I am here 1 more question is there a way to force change an icon because touch copy 11 wont give me the option to change the icon :l its grayed out.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
im using a website called coverticon - http://converticon.com/ - it gives my options for the different sizes but they always turn out the same size. - I created them in Photoshop so im guessing I have got the actual size wrong within Photoshop.

If they were created in PhotoShop, make sure the originals are a decent size, then just save as an icon within photoshop, I wouldn't bother with those online tools, they're usually pretty basic.

also while I am here 1 more question is there a way to force change an icon because touch copy 11 wont give me the option to change the icon :l its grayed out.

Usually, the icon definition is actually hardcoded and therefor not changeable with program files. Sometimes the icon is referenced as an external .ico file within the application folder, so all you need to do is copy your version into the same folder and call it the same as the existing .ico file, but this is usually only applicable with older programs.