Enough Ventilaion?

oli090

Enthusiast
Hi, i recently bought my pc and am now looking for a computer desk to house it. I have found one t i dont know if there is enough space for air flow and cooling. My case specs are 456mm x 225mm x 480mm(T900 Gaming Case). The space i have on my new desk is 136cm by 50cm by 89cm. It fits fine but the bf side fan looks like the main fan and it is a tight fit and wondering if anyone could help me with this? Thanks for anyhelp given :)

oli090

Enthusiast
its a closed square with front open and back open. just worried? about the main side fan being very close to the wood only about 8cm :/

tom_gr7

Life Serving
yeah should be fine, just keep an eye on the temps mate,

I use GPU_z for the gpu temps, and Asus probe II for cpu and motherboard temps, which comes on your asus motherboard disk, if ya worried just make a thread.

AshleyUK

Bronze Level Poster
8cm should be fine, your main air flow should come from the front of the case through and out the back via and exaust fan + PSU fan, so make sure that is a clear path, with the computer not too near to the wall or anyting that may block it, the side fan will provide some extra air to the CPU fan, however 8cm should be fine for a normal Air Flow rated fan to pull the needed air through.

Just don't place anyting else in that compartment, and should all be fine.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
just make sure the warm air that is extracted out the rear and top rear can escape and is not trapped.

AshleyUK

Bronze Level Poster
There is no persfic amount, just don't push your desk right up to the back of the wall so the cube makes a seal. Computers can handle things they are designed for. Will be fine no need to worth about persfic distances e.t.c just enjoy it

oli090

Enthusiast
ok, i want to be sure i dont break it though so i can enjoy for it for ages :) anyway thanks for the help people, its greatly appreciated.