error code 0xc0000221 after the windows uptade

Vitt

I have just bought this computer recently and I had the same problem recently, and I suddenly resolved, and then it returns: After an update of the operating system, it restarted and it appears the blue screen that says'impossible to repair the system and from the various unnecessary options to repair the one thing I can do and the option of formatting, but after hours that the operation is over, all from the beginning, because I'm releasing the Windows updates, I'm gonna need a pc, I bought it in October and still be in a guarantee... isn t it? Thank you all

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It’s possibly faulty RAM, you can test by running it on one stick at a time. If you get it to boot then do a few passes with memtest.

Vitt

But I have never had a problem with the Ram, because it is a problem that is happening every upgrade, and that to supplement it requires restarting, anyway thanks for the council, and I will do so

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
In addition to a RAM problem, which is a possibility, it could also be your hard drive that's at fault. You can test that by opening a command prompt and running the chkdsk /f /r command. You will have to reboot afterwards.

If this is a Windows 10 system it would be wise to use the Media Creation Tool here to download a new copy of Windows 10 and do a reinstall with that. It's remotely possible that your current installation media is corrupted.

Vitt

About the Ram, how can i see if that single card inside works or not? Because at moment the pc is running just with one, a little bit more slow, but the machine works..

Vitt

Right, sorry guys but i was in holiday. Anyway, I was at pc Currys and did a hardware analysis: All right, the problem is software, but the guarantee only covers hardware elements, so there was a reinstall from the W10 virtually from zero, from another source, and I've got a quick one: I have a friend who will soon give me a usb pen with W10, but for the product key, my own, where do I find it to activate the new W10 copy? Thanks Again

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Right, sorry guys but i was in holiday. Anyway, I was at pc Currys and did a hardware analysis: All right, the problem is software, but the guarantee only covers hardware elements, so there was a reinstall from the W10 virtually from zero, from another source, and I've got a quick one: I have a friend who will soon give me a usb pen with W10, but for the product key, my own, where do I find it to activate the new W10 copy? Thanks Again

The key is embedded in the bios, so as long as you install the correct version, it will automatically register.

You can download the latest ISO for free from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Just select the USB tool to create a bootlable USB key.

Last edited:

Vitt

Already tried, but almost 90% of the operation was wrong for me, which is why I asked a friend who's lucky he has Usb with my own version of W10

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Already tried, but almost 90% of the operation was wrong for me, which is why I asked a friend who's lucky he has Usb with my own version of W10

Your firend's copy of Windows 10 MUST be exactly the same version that you have. If you have Windows 10 Home for example, you cannot install Windows 10 Pro instead.

Before the techies complain: Except of course in certain very special circumstances that we don't need to go into here. ;)

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Your firend's copy of Windows 10 MUST be exactly the same version that you have. If you have Windows 10 Home for example, you cannot install Windows 10 Pro instead.

Before the techies complain: Except of course in certain very special circumstances that we don't need to go into here. ;)

Genuine question: does the retail version of Windows 10 still allow you to switch versions?

With the volume licensed versions if you're stuck you can use the option to enter the license key later, during installation, then by adding the correct license key post-install, it'll up- or downgrade the version there and then by adding or removing the necessary features.

I never deal with retail or OEM versions hence why I'm asking.