Silver Level Poster
everytime i shutdown the pc it bring up the error code 0x0000142

0xc0000142.jpg

please can anyone help solve the issue

many thanks

Karlos

Karlos

Silver Level Poster
Have you got a command prompt open? If not, it's unusual that cmd would be running as of itself and I would suggest doing a malwarebytes scan first of all.

nope nothing is open and ic just done a scan and it clear ! only stared to do it a few day ago so abit confused of why

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
its windows 7
View attachment 6022
the error code alway come up when you shut the pc down

Found this in a forum:

Success! After a lot of searching I found a post from someone who had got rid of the problem by uninstalling Nvidia's GeForce Experience software. I use Nvidia software and getting rid of GeForce Experience worked for me too. So far so good. Worth trying if you have an Nvidia graphics card.

Source

Maybe try uninstalling NVidia experience only and see if it resolves it, if so then try reinstalling.

Karlos

Silver Level Poster
Found this in a forum:

Success! After a lot of searching I found a post from someone who had got rid of the problem by uninstalling Nvidia's GeForce Experience software. I use Nvidia software and getting rid of GeForce Experience worked for me too. So far so good. Worth trying if you have an Nvidia graphics card.

Source

Maybe try uninstalling NVidia experience only and see if it resolves it, if so then try reinstalling.

i do have a NVidia card so ill give it ago ...Thanks for your help and ill post back how im getting on :) thanks again

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i do have a NVidia card so ill give it ago ...Thanks for your help and ill post back how im getting on :) thanks again

ROFL!!! I just had the exact same error trying to shutdown just now! I did have an update to GeForce Experience last night so kinda makes sense it may be due to that. Off out now, but will take a look at your progress when I get back and see if it helped.

Androcles

Rising Star
I was just about to post about the NVidia Experience thing but got beaten to it, also if you have an AMD graphics card some earlier versions of the AMD catalyst control centre open up a cmd prompt to load stuff in the background on startup and sometimes it forgets to close.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was just about to post about the NVidia Experience thing but got beaten to it, also if you have an AMD graphics card some earlier versions of the AMD catalyst control centre open up a cmd prompt to load stuff in the background on startup and sometimes it forgets to close.

After the update to GeForce Experience the night before last, I got this error message with cmd.exe not closing at shutdown, plus I got a BSOD trying to run Wolfenstein: New Order. Only the once though, on restarting the laptop it's been fine since.

Karlos

Silver Level Poster
What Iv done is uninstall nvidia GeForce experience and installed a fresh copy of it and so far touch wood no error messages has come up on shutdown....so far!

Androcles

Rising Star
What Iv done is uninstall nvidia GeForce experience and installed a fresh copy of it and so far touch wood no error messages has come up on shutdown....so far!

Yeah, sounds about right, from what I've heard fresh installs work fine it's just updating has caused corruption for some people.